Ride Safe

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
toolman

Ride Safe

Post by toolman »

Well here you go this is the first go around with my "Ride Safe Signs". Pictures below should give you the idea of what this looks like. I like hand signals, but I have to say that at least half the time I meet people that take their hands off the bars I wish they had left them on and not signaled me! These signs are reflective so you can see them at night as well, and a booklet will have numbers 0 - 10 in it. They attached with Velcro and stay on at 110 MPH!
Attachments
Ride Safe Signs 001 (Small).jpg
Ride Safe Signs 001 (Small).jpg (63.04 KiB) Viewed 3684 times
toolman

Ride Safe Signs

Post by toolman »

View 2
Attachments
Ride Safe Signs 002 (Small).jpg
Ride Safe Signs 002 (Small).jpg (45.22 KiB) Viewed 3684 times
toolman

Ride Safe Signs

Post by toolman »

View 3
Attachments
Ride Safe Signs 003 (Small).jpg
Ride Safe Signs 003 (Small).jpg (56.58 KiB) Viewed 3684 times
toolman

Ride Safe Signs

Post by toolman »

View 4
Attachments
Ride Safe Signs 004 (Small).jpg
Ride Safe Signs 004 (Small).jpg (62.7 KiB) Viewed 3684 times
Keemez

Post by Keemez »

[QUOTE=toolman;9569] They attached with Velcro and stay on at 110 MPH![/QUOTE]

Obviously a nonstock Skidoo if you're able to crest 110mph. :rotflmao: Just kiddn.

That's a great idea- I like it.:thumbup:
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

They look great! And I like that 100 Miler decal too! :thebomb:
snohawk

Post by snohawk »

Looks that a great idea. I'm glad that I'm not the last sled with a zero on it:lol:

Toolman do you have a sign for groomer behind?
Soooz

Post by Soooz »

I really like those-and fully agree with I would rather some people would leave their hands on the handlebars! Some scary moments last weekend that I would have been better off to take my chances than had someone tell me how many were behind them. I ride with a group of about 25 sleds several times a year and we have a static cling -MANY SLEDS- on the first sled. Yes it is kind of a hassle riding with that many people-but we do enjoy ourselves! So many of our riders try to signal 15 -that is a challenge!!! These would make it much easier!:thumbup:
snoway

Post by snoway »

this debate goes on and on, to signal or not.
Nice idea, with the numbers.
sooooz post brings home how silly it is to try and signal how many are following, with a large group.
while you are trying to be curtious and helpful, the whole idea gets a little weird and unsafe when giving a hand signal becomes your focus.
Johnnie

Post by Johnnie »

Did you ever think, if you feel it is unsafe signaling there are for example 2 people behind you, maybe you are riding to damn fast. If you have to have both hands on, because you are sliding through a corner...maybe a little fast. Back when I used to groom, nothing scared me more then meeting a snowmobiler who would not give a hand signal. There I was with a 9 ft wide tractor which was not quick to get out of the way, going into a corner, not knowing if there was anyone behind this clown trying to catch up!!! For some reason all people wanted to do was wave or give me a thumbs up, hell, let me know if there is anyone else flying behind you! You made it by me, but how about your buddies!