WEBSITE

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
Jim
Site Admin

WEBSITE

Post by Jim »

Please note that the club has ALWAYS had access to the forums. Some decided they didn't want to use it, or value the importance nor the history contained within. Granted, it takes some "knowledge" and "skills" to maintain the forums, but the club and the members have always had access to the website. There used to be a time when the groomer drivers and operators would post the current conditions on the website. But over the years.... some have found that posting on FB is "easier". So that's all they DID. And slowly this site started to lose its value. Josh and I would post here all the time, but we both left the club during this past off-season and are no longer grooming. That's why you're not seeing anything from us. I've been given the command to shut down the website. It's been a great run... 20 years. ✌
Klings262

Re: WEBSITE

Post by Klings262 »

Jim, I just wanted to reach out and say thanks for all of your efforts over the years and how much I appreciated all of the excellent and honest trail reports you and the other guys posted here all winter long year after year. Its a sad day when what was once an excellent website becomes archaic and goes the way of the dinosaurs. I'll miss the daily posts we used to get from the groomers and the excitement it created for me, a weekend warrior from southern WI, in anticipation of a great weekend of riding on the 100 miler trail system.
Thanks again, and good luck to you!

Dan Klinger
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

Klings262 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:42 am Jim, I just wanted to reach out and say thanks for all of your efforts over the years and how much I appreciated all of the excellent and honest trail reports you and the other guys posted here all winter long year after year. Its a sad day when what was once an excellent website becomes archaic and goes the way of the dinosaurs. I'll miss the daily posts we used to get from the groomers and the excitement it created for me, a weekend warrior from southern WI, in anticipation of a great weekend of riding on the 100 miler trail system.
Thanks again, and good luck to you!

Dan Klinger
Thank-you, Dan, for the kind words!
You hit the nail on the head!! :ugeek:
Keemez

Post by Keemez »

I will +1 Dan's comments. Appreciate all the effort behind the scenes which so many take for granted without realizing the amount of dedication it takes. Some of us (myself included) absolutely loathe "social media" so FB means jack squat to us- this was the go to for good snowmachining info. Thanks, boys.
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

Keemez wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:40 am I will +1 Dan's comments. Appreciate all the effort behind the scenes which so many take for granted without realizing the amount of dedication it takes. Some of us (myself included) absolutely loathe "social media" so FB means jack squat to us- this was the go to for good snowmachining info. Thanks, boys.
You're welcome, bud!
It was snowmobilers like you and Dan that made the decision to step down a difficult one!
The ones that truly appreciated the work we did. :ugeek:
Lee

Post by Lee »

Thanks for all of your hard work and contributions to the club and the sport. Thanks for the great memories. Whoever decided to shut down the website is a fucking moron!!!

Lee
OldIron

Post by OldIron »

Lee wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:34 am Whoever decided to shut down the website is a fucking moron!!!
x2 I agree. Long time user, first time registered. I miss the daily reports here.
I Doo2

Post by I Doo2 »

Thank you Jim for all your work over the years. You and your site will be missed!!
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

I Doo2 wrote: Thank you Jim for all your work over the years. You and your site will be missed!!
You are welcome. ✌❤🤘