Armstrong Creek Update 2/12

Grooming Reports and Trail Conditions
CHOPPER 3

Armstrong Creek Update 2/12

Post by CHOPPER 3 »

South of Armstrong
South of Armstrong
KIMG1817.JPG (1.79 MiB) Viewed 3643 times
SS1 was groomed south to Goodman Park Rd and out to the county line east of Armstrong Creek. This trail took a hammering Friday and Saturday with an amazing amount of traffic . It groomed up nice last night but was still seeing many riders as I was grooming . Overall this trail is rated in GOOD condition. SS2 and the NST1 were groomed last night also and also rated GOOD. Traffic was virtually non stop all weekend and by late afternoon it was beginning to show . We will be Grooming late at night as temps permit this week. The swamps are good , there's no water out there and Snow is in the forecast later in the week so stay tuned .... Trail conditions vary across the county , but ours are holding on strong .
100 Miler Trail Boss
CHOPPER 3

Re: Armstrong Creek Update 2/12

Post by CHOPPER 3 »

KIMG1813.JPG
KIMG1813.JPG (1.99 MiB) Viewed 3627 times
ATV/side by sides continuing to violate Forest County Ordinance #13 . Wheeled traffic is strictly prohibited on Forest County snowmobile trails. Several reports of groups riding on our trail system. Here's what I'll say , I have one , you have one and just about everyone out there has one . I'm sick of people riding on our trails and being " lost " for 25 miles while passing multiple NO ATV signage . Accompanying not being able to read , and having no sense of direction your out on the trail when it's 45 deg . Snowmobilers get to use the trails for about 2 months a year . You can't pass a groomer on the trail because your too wide , when you try to turn around you get stuck , Blah , Blah , Blah keep your 4 wheel buggy from Detroit City off the damn 100 MILER.
100 Miler Trail Boss
Keemez

Post by Keemez »

I wonder if there's any merit to the idea of having the groomer operators ordained as DNR agents? Then they could put the smack down on this kind of behavior. I've thought for years there's nowhere near the amount of enforcement that there ought to be out there.
Z1 TURBO

Post by Z1 TURBO »

Up to 3/4" of rain coming Tuesday night, Thursdays snow moving South and a warm up next week again it might be a short year. With ATV's allowed on trails in neighboring counties you are bound to get a few lost into Forest County. Any State Funded trail I believe they are allowed anyway. Almost getting to the point that UTV'S will soon be more popular than snowmobiles if they aren't already. Sure see a lot of them during the winter in Marinette County.
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

Keemez wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:40 am I wonder if there's any merit to the idea of having the groomer operators ordained as DNR agents?
No, thanks! :D
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

Z1 TURBO wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:58 pm Any State Funded trail I believe they are allowed anyway.

WRONG
In FOREST COUNTY
ATV's are ONLY allowed on the NST and WRST.

The 100 Mile Snow Safari is SNOWMOBILE ONLY.
TootinScootn

Post by TootinScootn »

Z1 TURBO wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:58 pm Up to 3/4" of rain coming Tuesday night, Thursdays snow moving South and a warm up next week again it might be a short year. With ATV's allowed on trails in neighboring counties you are bound to get a few lost into Forest County. Any State Funded trail I believe they are allowed anyway. Almost getting to the point that UTV'S will soon be more popular than snowmobiles if they aren't already. Sure see a lot of them during the winter in Marinette County.
It is YOUR responsibility as a rider to know the laws, both State and County.

Forest County Ordinance Number 05-2009 Snowmobiles and ATVs:
Please see 5.4
SECTION V. RESTRICTED USE OF SNOWMOBILE AND ATV TRAILS
5.1 No person shall operate any four wheel drive vehicle, passenger car, all
terrain truck or motorcycle on any state funded snowmobile trail in Forest County, except
for snowmobile club trail maintenance activities, without notification to the Forest
County Snowmobile Coordinator at County Forestry Department, 200 East Madison
Street, Crandon, WI 54520, Phone (715) 478-3475. This subsection shall not apply to
any person or persons or their assigns who owns or leases lands abutting that portion of
the snowmobile trail or for club trail maintenance activities.
5.2 No person shall operate any snowmobile or all terrain vehicle on any
approved snowmobile trail until officially opened by the County Snowmobile
Coordinator.
5.3 No person shall operate any snowmobile or all terrain vehicle on any
approved snowmobile trail after such trail is officially closed by the County Snowmobile
Coordinator.
5.4 All terrain vehicles are not allowed on any state funded snowmobile trail
in Forest County except the Nicolet State Trail and Wolf River State Trail.

5.5 Operation of snowmobiles and all terrain vehicles by youthful operator is
restricted and defined in S.S. 350.05 and 23.33(5), Wis. Stats.
"My two great treats in life are baked beans and vanilla ice cream." --Jonathan Dimbleby
mall_cop

Post by mall_cop »

Z1 TURBO wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:58 pm Any State Funded trail I believe they are allowed anyway. Almost getting to the point that UTV'S will soon be more popular than snowmobiles if they aren't already. Sure see a lot of them during the winter in Marinette County.
You're a moron and a part of the problem! :evil:
“Safety never takes a holiday.” – Paul Blart
Z1 TURBO

Post by Z1 TURBO »

Hey wasn't looking at offending anyone, our family has been members of the 100 Mile Snow Safari for many
years. But the reality is currently there are twice as many ATV's and UTV'S then snowmobiles registered in the state approx 470k versus 230k. The winters are getting warmer in fact this season is probably done for the most part even in Forest County. You maybe get 2 months of snowmobiling and 12 months of UTV riding. I know it pi--es me off also when I meet them on the NST but in all my years of riding I can't say I hardly ever remember meeting any UTV'S anywhere but on the grade very often so I am pretty sure the UTV'S are no bigger problem than the hunters driving down the trails which I have met many times.