why were thea trails open on the 21ths when they new the weatherer
wasgoining to be like this why not wait til monday to save the trail and
made a base
patriot

Post by patriot »

Jonny Rodger ?????????????
patriot

Post by patriot »

NEW YEARS is on the way that is the big weekend ?????????
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

[quote=patriot;6837]why were thea trails open on the 21ths when they new the weatherer
wasgoining to be like this why not wait til monday to save the trail and
made a base[/quote]I don't think they exactly knew what the weather was going to be like. Initially, it was looking good. But not all is lost. We should have a good ice base now, and if we can get some snow, we'll be in business.

:thinksnow:
Johnnie

Trail opening

Post by Johnnie »

The opening of Forest Co. trails is done by the Forest County Snowmobile Coordinator, with help from all the clubs in the Forest County Snowmobile council. At our monthy meeting, Dec. 5th, right after the big Dec 1st snow, the topic of trail opening came up. Many of us wanted to open Dec 15th, but it was decided to hold off until Dec. 21st because not many riders were expected before the Holidays and more time was need to make sure signs and brushing were up to date. Most other counties in the area opened up well before the 21st. Personnaly, I now am glad we held off until the 21st. When a date is picked to officially open the trails, it MUST be published in the local paper. The papers in Forest County are only published once a week, and they need a lead time of 3 to 4 days before the paper comes out. So if the trails are to be opened by a Friday morning, the article must be to the paper by monday, so it can be put in and the paper printed Wed. or Thurs night and distributed before Friday morning. Pretty hard to know what the weather will bring on Sat., Monday morning. All in all, I feel good on the County decsion. Unlike some surrounding counties, with the Dec21st opening we had very little traffic, before the storm. Now after the rain, I feel we have a great ice base, with a little snow on top. And how could any one predict Rhinelander, would get 8" of snow and Laona would only get an inch??? Hope this clears up how the county opens their trails.
ralphie

Post by ralphie »

Obviously spelling is not a requirment before you complain!
patriot

Post by patriot »

Thank You for your Response just alittle upset about the trail situation
was planning on coming up this week hopefully we will get more snow before Thursday. As for the spelling i was at a party all day and my fingers were not working right:eek:
snoway

Post by snoway »

Thanks, Johnnie for the response., IMO you and all the other trail boss' in Forest Co. do an outstanding job with the trails.:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
We are ALL frustrated when the season starts off great only to be messed up by warm temps and RAIN:mad:
NWS storm totals that don't materialize adds to the frustration.
Good thing its still early in the season.
I Doo

Post by I Doo »

Keep the faith. Winter Storm Watch for Friday!!:thumbup:
SKI-DOO 2005 GTX 600 HO
QUESTION? WHEN YOU TURN ON YOUR SNOWMOBILE, DOES IT RETURN THE FAVOR??