Just curious

Lumberjack Memorial Trails Public Forum and General Chat
Kevin

Just curious

Post by Kevin » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:09 pm

Quick ride this morning From Townsend on fresh groomed overnight trails. LMT 2&4 were:thumbup: into Wabeno the we noticed nothing else was groomed,not even the rr grade :eek: I felt bad (for a second) for all the rr grade riders:tongue: :biggrin: Rode by the shed and noticed the drag w/ no tractor attached?:confused:

jakerides

Post by jakerides » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:44 am

The drag you saw outside is a spare drag used mostly for early season use till the rocks are covered. The Robert's Lake groomer went out at 5:30 am this morning. I know the Wabeno groomer is either out or will be shortly not sure what time driver was leaving. We will have both groomers out everyday the temps are below freezing. There is a chance the Robert's Lake groomer will be delayed on Wednesday as it will groom to Wabeno shop Tuesday for repairs and maintenance, depending on how long repairs take.

Ride safe

jakerides

Post by jakerides » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:02 am

Just re-read your post saw it was last night not this morning. I don't think the Wabeno groomer went out Sunday night (Super Bowl) on weekends we groom Friday night and Saturday night, not every Sunday night. For instance last Friday we groomed Friday during the day, then Friday night and back out at 2:00 am Saturday morning and again Saturday/Sunday morning at 4:00 am.
We took Sunday night off and went back out this morning at 5:30 am

We are a 100% volunteer club and our drivers are very dedicated but it is impossible to have all our trails freshly groomed all at the same time.

Your feed back is important and I do respect rider concerns.

jakerides

Post by jakerides » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:33 am

Kevin, my driver in Wabeno just got back to me. Our portion of the NST was groomed Saturday night / Sunday morning. Just so you know "our portion" of the NST is Wabeno too
Hope this answers your question.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:14 pm

[QUOTE=jakerides;23182]Just re-read your post saw it was last night not this morning. I don't think the Wabeno groomer went out Sunday night (Super Bowl) on weekends we groom Friday night and Saturday night, not every Sunday night. For instance last Friday we groomed Friday during the day, then Friday night and back out at 2:00 am Saturday morning and again Saturday/Sunday morning at 4:00 am.
We took Sunday night off and went back out this morning at 5:30 am

We are a 100% volunteer club and our drivers are very dedicated but it is impossible to have all our trails freshly groomed all at the same time.

Your feed back is important and I do respect rider concerns.[/QUOTE]

I was referring to Saturday nite sorry.If he groomed the grade it sure was hammered by 10am. I saw a post that you were training a new driver Sunday morning so thought maybe he got stuck on a Icey hill and Wabeno groomer had to go rescue him:eekThe rest of the area trails were still nice it always surprises me how little they get used compared to the grade. Probably cause you can't drive 100 mph and it takes longer to gat to the bar.:biggrin:

jakerides

Post by jakerides » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:54 pm

The traffic this weekend was very heavy. I met the early morning driver at 12:30 today to do the afternoon grooming and he said the WRT was so rough he had to groom it 3 times and it also was groomed Sunday morning. The WRT gets about half the traffic as the NST.

I groomed short 6 and 8- Bushshaffer road and even with double grooming it still had banks in the curves that were less then perfect.

Hopefully next time it is freshly groomed;)

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:26 pm

Thanks for for all the info:thumbup: Know that all your efforts are appreciated :fendt: (Jim needs to add a blue one) :lol:

Return to “Public Forum / General Chat”