Staying Off Trails

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
plake

Staying Off Trails

Post by plake »

This is a difficult sport, one weekend it's fantastic and the next we shouldn't ride. I was planning on going to my cabin in Townsend this weekend but changed my plans. I totally understand it's so difficult to make plans, take vacation or whatever, and have to cancel but that's the sport. I hope everyone can do the same and save things for the weeks ahead.
Z1 TURBO

Post by Z1 TURBO »

By the number of trucks with snowmobile trailers I seen on I-43 this afternoon heading north I think there will still be a few riders this weekend.
CHOPPER 3

Post by CHOPPER 3 »

Just because you "can" do something doesn't mean you should - We groom snow not rain , look at temperature and use your brain ....
Pat1

Post by Pat1 »

[QUOTE=plake;22969]This is a difficult sport, one weekend it's fantastic and the next we shouldn't ride. I was planning on going to my cabin in Townsend this weekend but changed my plans. I totally understand it's so difficult to make plans, take vacation or whatever, and have to cancel but that's the sport. I hope everyone can do the same and save things for the weeks ahead.[/QUOTE]
My wife and I chose to stay home for the same reason...to preserve the trails for the rest of the season.

:thinksnow::ineedsnow::letitsnow::winterrules:
townsend chris

Post by townsend chris »

[QUOTE=Z1 TURBO;22971]By the number of trucks with snowmobile trailers I seen on I-43 this afternoon heading north I think there will still be quite a few riders this weekend.[/QUOTE]

I hope they are all heading up to the U.P. !!:p
Kevin

I got this.....

Post by Kevin »

:biggrin::hunter::sledder::hunter::sledder::hunter::sledder:
snoway

Post by snoway »

With the way the winters are going lately, you best ride it while it is still there.
Been rained on 2 out of the past 3 years at least once. I wasn't ruining anything, bud.
I don't think any of you trail cops have a clue about "saving" a trail....yur all just guessing. In cold conditons, light snow gets blown off the trail.....warm soft wet snow stays put....think about it.

I trust the Forest Co. trail bosses decision to stay open.

Stay home, .....I'll get a seat at Johnnies for a change.
CRZ

Post by CRZ »

[QUOTE=snoway;22976]With the way the winters are going lately, you best ride it while it is still there.
Been rained on 2 out of the past 3 years at least once. I wasn't ruining anything, bud.
I don't think any of you trail cops have a clue about "saving" a trail....yur all just guessing. In cold conditons, light snow gets blown off the trail.....warm soft wet snow stays put....think about it.

I trust the Forest Co. trail bosses decision to stay open.

Stay home, .....I'll get a seat at Johnnies for a change.[/QUOTE]

Agreed...get out and ride
townsend chris

Post by townsend chris »

[QUOTE=Kevin;22975]:biggrin::hunter::sledder::hunter::sledder::hunter::sledder:[/QUOTE]

lol!!!! Trail cop!!! :rotfl:
townsend chris

Post by townsend chris »

Probably not a good weekend to put on my back pack and ride my 155 inch / 2 inch paddle track sled ,I guess ?!?!?! :rotfl: