Saturday Morning 1/14/2017 Grooming Status

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
Curly

Saturday Morning 1/14/2017 Grooming Status

Post by Curly »

Just one post about trail conditions covering all of the 100 miler this morning!

Dick and Josh tag teamed the Armstrong Creek area starting late yesterday and finishing about 5:30 am.
SS1, SS2 and NST1 have all been groomed in the last 14 hours.

Laona was another tag team effort between L.J. and Aaron, 13 plus hours and they completed NST2, SS4, SS5 and a portion of SS3. Sorry folks but there are just not enough off hours to complete everything in the Laona area!
SS3 was the last trail groomed Thursday evening and will be the 1st to be groomed tonight.

Wabeno: Keith pulled the night train here and groomed NST4, SS6 and SS8!

I am very proud of this team! the 100 mile Snow Safari has 149 miles of funded trails, we were able to groom approximately 130 miles of it overnight for your riding pleasure this morning!

Now I am going to go out and enjoy the trails with you!
snoway

Post by snoway »

Good morning and happy trails, (guy)...Oh, and THANK YOU ALL!!!!
Johnnie

Post by Johnnie »

Great work....Guys!
jakerides

Post by jakerides »

Now Curly you are some what under stating your grooming miles. I know you guys double groom almost all your trails. I think you really end up grooming about 250 miles.

Great effort and great job :thumbup:

Wayne
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

Have a safe weekend everybody! :thumbup:
robbi71

Post by robbi71 »

Trails have been great considering the amount of traffic,. Getting out early tomorrow
ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

nice job with the grooming boys!!
Curly

Post by Curly »

[QUOTE=jakerides;22898]Now Curly you are some what under stating your grooming miles. I know you guys double groom almost all your trails. I think you really end up grooming about 250 miles.

Great effort and great job :thumbup:

Wayne[/QUOTE]

Correct Wayne!
You really nailed that one, it's at least 250 miles total and at 8 to 10 Miles an hour takes a long time to see the light at the end of the tunnel!
Just like you guys at the LMT all know. Trails need to be double groomed to make them as wide and smooth as possible for longevity and rider satisfaction.
We do this all for our: Love of the sport, great sponsors and thumbs up we get from most riders.
Just when your self esteem is at a shy high level some A__ Clown will sit in the middle of the trail expecting you to back up 40' of groomer and drag for miles so he isn't inconvenienced!
Then you stop in to warm up at one of our great pit stops and the welcome you receive makes it all worth while!
greyriderw

Post by greyriderw »

[QUOTE=Curly;22918]Correct Wayne!
You really nailed that one, it's at least 250 miles total and at 8 to 10 Miles an hour takes a long time to see the light at the end of the tunnel!
Just like you guys at the LMT all know. Trails need to be double groomed to make them as wide and smooth as possible for longevity and rider satisfaction.
We do this all for our: Love of the sport, great sponsors and thumbs up we get from most riders.
Just when your self esteem is at a shy high level some A__ Clown will sit in the middle of the trail expecting you to back up 40' of groomer and drag for miles so he isn't inconvenienced!
Then you stop in to warm up at one of our great pit stops and the welcome you receive makes it all worth while![/QUOTE]

Man, my Son and I are leaving Wabeno this morning after another great weekend of beautiful riding, from Wabeno to Armstrong Creek, to Summit Lake to Birnamwood and back to Lakewod and up, all the trails were pretty impeccable. Thanks for all the great hard work you guys do to keep this trail system the best out there. Just a beautiful weekend of riding. Greyriderw :sledder::sledder:
I Doo

Post by I Doo »

We were up this last weekend. Trails were GREAT!! Thank you to everyone for keeping the trails in that condition. The new sled had great trails to break in on. lol