John Dee.jpg
John Dee.jpg (40.13 KiB) Viewed 2925 times
CRZ

Not very often

Post by CRZ »

forecast changed already:rolleyes:
packerlandrider

Post by packerlandrider »

John and RJB are the two people I trust most when it comes to snow forecasting. One has to remember that this was just one model and they aren't all in agreement (at least when he put this out at noon), hopefully it works out like this model is predicting!

[URL="https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bbyd6LXCUAAv7xp.jpg:large"]NWS Bulletin a Couple Hours later[/URL]

Although, I will say he was mistaken three weeks ago when he tempered himself against using the term "epic" to describe the pattern that appeared to be shaping up for here on the Keweenaw - many places with 90-100 inches of snow in just the first half of December is certainly what I would call epic!
R/L GROOMER

Post by R/L GROOMER »

Sure hope he is right, would be a great start for the season, but bad for the work side of things. Bad enough riping 18" of frost lately, but all that snow would be tough to work with.
I guess that would mean time to groom and ride!!!:sledder::letitsnow:
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

Even a broken clock is right TWICE a day! :boggled:
Pat1

Post by Pat1 »

I will be crossing my fingers all of the snow actually comes thru to fruition. What a wonderful Christmas present that would be!

New sled and a new snow blower this year. I sure hope I didn't jinx it. :erm:

:letitsnow::winterrules::sledder:
Johnnie

Post by Johnnie »

Oh Ya!!!
Attachments
uuuu.jpg
uuuu.jpg (18.96 KiB) Viewed 2925 times
tdrew985

Post by tdrew985 »

Hey Johnnie just wondering if trials are rideable or if im better off waiting another week. Thinking about coming up saturday morning to at least get sleds off trailer and ready to go. Would be great to get a ride in, wondering if i should bring my snowmobiling stuff up or not yet. Hope we get the snow predicted!
Johnnie

Post by Johnnie »

As of today, it is same old early season story. The flat road and rail grade trails are in good shape. The curvy hilly woods trails need more snow. Lakes have 12'+ of icy, so they are all safe. It would definitely worth going for a ride this weekend, but don't expect to ride 200 miles of mid-February condition trails on the first week of trails opening, ANY YEAR. That being said, the various forecasters are saying 1-3" of fresh snow tonight and now 3-6" Saturday night and Sunday. If this comes true we may have the best trails in years by Xmas!!!!
Pat1

Post by Pat1 »

Rumor has it the bars and restaurants are open, too! :cheers: