Snowmobile Rental

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
gradzz

Snowmobile Rental

Post by gradzz »

I'm looking to rent a couple of sled for some guests this winter, where is a good place to rent some sleds in the Townsend area? I tried Lakewood Motorsports but they don't rent sleds. Is there a place near Mountain that rents them? Thanks
snoway

Post by snoway »

gradzz

Post by gradzz »

[QUOTE=snoway;19340]http://waubeelodge.com/[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. I called and got the info. Not sure there arrangements are going to work for me is there anything else in the area? Thanks
snohawk

Post by snohawk »

Try the dealer in Antigo
Red Baron

rentals

Post by Red Baron »

[QUOTE=snohawk;19345]Try the dealer in Antigo[/QUOTE]

There really isn't anybody in the immediate area renting sleds. I saw a guy just on the Southern outskirts of Mountain that has like 5 older sleds for rent (XLT's and such). Otherwise, the owner of Johnnies resort has a few older arctic cats he rents for $20 per mile I heard......

Rentals

Post by 97911 »

Try Motorsports Marine (MSM) in Pearson, WI. They're on Hwy. 55 between Pickerel & Mole Lake.
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

I've just confirmed, that they offer up to 5 snowmobiles for rental:

Motor Sports Marine
Wisconsin 55, Pearson, WI 54462
Tel: (715) 484-2106
gradzz

Post by gradzz »

Thanks for the replies. I will give these guys a call.
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

I tried calling them today, to let them know that their website was down, but didn't get any answer. :shrug: Maybe they are closed on Mondays. :rolleyes: Apparently somebody forgot to renew their domain name registration, and it expired on Saturday (12/7). :( Hopefully, they'll be able to get it back before someone else scarfs it up. :sick:
Skip28

Post by Skip28 »

Like Gradzz, I also occasionally wish I could find a close-by rental spot for visiting friends. Waubee Lodge has no sled info on thier website, but I seem to vaguely recall looking into it a few years back ... don't they require you to be a lodge guest and/or to also return the sleds at the end of each day? Particularly inconvenient arrangements ....

One friend did manage to successfully rend a sled (along with a trailer!) in 2010 in Shawano. Pretty sure it was American Marine and Motorsports. I don't think they are even a sled dealer, which might explain why the sled was older and cosmetically beat up. (It was a '00 or '01 Polaris 550 Sport Touring 2-up. Cosmetically, it looked like hell, and didn't have too much get up and go - but it did run trouble free the whole 500 mile weekend...) Frankly, I'd be shocked if they still had anything to rent - no word of anything like that on thier website.

Whenever I look hard, it seems the closest outlets I can find are the usual suspects in Vilas Co. - too far from my cottage in Crooked Lake to be a viable option...