Ride Safe

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
ralphie

Post by ralphie »

this is always a topic that brings alot of debate. I put on a quite of few miles a year and meet alot of different groups. One of my worst fears is being hit by someone coming from the other way. Usually you don't have to worry about the leader, its always the person playing catch up in the back. So everybody has their own opinion, but I sure appreciate hand signals. When I see the first person I just slow down until the group is past, and it makes it alot easier when you know how many are coming. So if everybody would slow down when meeting other groups the control issue wouldn't be a problem.
snohawk

Post by snohawk »

I feel that the leader should be the only one signaling how many sleds are behind and the rest of the group can keep their hands on the bars. The last sled can give the all clear. So many times I see people signal that they have blank sleds behind but I think they have not learned how to count:rolleyes:.Do we need to signal how many sleds on the grade? I can see a mile or so down the trail so I'm sure I know how many sleds are coming. I see people trying to signal at night. Like anyone can see after their high beams blind you. I do agree with Johnny that the leader should signal the groomer how many sleds are behind and ride with some control:lol:
snowdog

Post by snowdog »

[QUOTE=snohawk;9582] . So many times I see people signal that they have blank sleds behind but I think they have not learned how to count:rolleyes

You must be talking about those non Ski Doo riders .:rotflmao:
snohawk

Post by snohawk »

Notice the sleds with the numbers :lol::lol: See above. It's still a great idea Toolman
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

I like it when one group of sleds catchs up with another,
and the last sled of the first group signals 'last sled',
with one right behind! :p