Grooming?

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
thinksnow

Grooming?

Post by thinksnow »

Are you guys still grooming at night or isn't it worth it? Also I am planning on riding this weekend. I can access the trails from my place, but instead of riding on questionable trails I am thinking about trailering the sleds to the good trails. Any suggestions where I could drop off; Himely Lake Rd., Wabeno?
ralphie

Post by ralphie »

I was up last weekend and had exelent riding, but Johnnie is right, you have to know which trails to ride on. When it gets this late in the season you see the same faces or die hards just out to get a last couple of miles on. I would not suggest coming up if your not familiar with very late season riding, you might be a little disappointed.
Pat1

Post by Pat1 »

I took a 50 mile ride late Saturday afternoon. I started out near Roberts Lake, took the LMT south to the 100 miler and connected up the railroad grade just north of Townsend. I went north past Wabeno to LMT 8. Headed west back to the 100 miler. I went north to Lake Lucerne and then went south on the LMT back to the Roberts Lake area.

Part of the railroad grade leaving Wabeno (northbound) was completely bare in the big sweeping corner to the north. Once you were northbound (and back in the trees) it was fine. Most of the woods trails were in good condition, with some brown patches poking thru. Anything exposed to sunlight went from anywhere from still ok to bare ground. But then there were other parts of the trail, especially on the unplowed roads, that were still in excellent condition.
toolman

Post by toolman »

I put about a hundred miles on last weekend on the Red Arrow system and the trails to the east (9 Mile Loop). Nice thing is Red Arrow is mostly trails and not roads. Some corners heading down to Animals were partially washed out from running water but over all they were in great shape, smooth and in tact!