Last Ride of 2019 on the 100 miler

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
I Doo

Last Ride of 2019 on the 100 miler

Post by I Doo »

Thank you Jim for letting me know the route you took taking the groomer back to Armstrong Creek first off!! We got to Carter around 9:30 Friday. Couldn't check in yet so got dressed in the trailer and unloaded. We were the only one's in the parking lot. Another trailer showed up and we chatted with them for a while. Then a pickup stopped and it was Johnnie. He told us about the groomer going to Armstrong Creek as to a good trail to take. Thanks Johnnie for letting us know again. We hit the grade and took it towards Wabeno. It wasn't bad at all a little hard maybe. We had our heat gauges up and running but the sleds were fine all day. Once we got to Wabeno the grade was great!! Never seen the horse shoe section just to the north of the city to be that nice. Rode to the sportsman's club where Jim turned up into the woods. That's were the fun really started. The trail all the way to Armstrong Creek was great. The roads near the city were not so good but still great ride to the Green Shack. Had lunch there and after we were finished the other couple from the parking lot showed up. We went north from there and had to ride some road due to somebody ticking off a land owner and had to close a section of trail. Once we got back on at the dump trails were really good. Went to Newald and jumped on the grade. Now the temp had warmed up and there was loose snow. The grade was awesome. We didn't see any sleds at all. Your loss. lol Then did a few loops and had nothing but great trails for the most part. One was very bumpy but could ride it. Got back to the grade in Carter. Drove the back way to Lakewood on awesome trails and doubled back on those. Saturday we just took the way to Armstrong Creek again. Saw a few more sleds but not many. All in all a great season ender!! Thank you for your hard work making the 100 miler trails an awesome ride!!
Attachments
2019 Trip 8.jpg
2019 Trip 8.jpg (68.15 KiB) Viewed 3976 times
I Doo

More Pictures to look at. Picture of the grade.

Post by I Doo »

[QUOTE=I Doo;24338]Thank you Jim for letting me know the route you took taking the groomer back to Armstrong Creek first off!! We got to Carter around 9:30 Friday. Couldn't check in yet so got dressed in the trailer and unloaded. We were the only one's in the parking lot. Another trailer showed up and we chatted with them for a while. Then a pickup stopped and it was Johnnie. He told us about the groomer going to Armstrong Creek as to a good trail to take. Thanks Johnnie for letting us know again. We hit the grade and took it towards Wabeno. It wasn't bad at all a little hard maybe. We had our heat gauges up and running but the sleds were fine all day. Once we got to Wabeno the grade was great!! Never seen the horse shoe section just to the north of the city to be that nice. Rode to the sportsman's club where Jim turned up into the woods. That's were the fun really started. The trail all the way to Armstrong Creek was great. The roads near the city were not so good but still great ride to the Green Shack. Had lunch there and after we were finished the other couple from the parking lot showed up. We went north from there and had to ride some road due to somebody ticking off a land owner and had to close a section of trail. Once we got back on at the dump trails were really good. Went to Newald and jumped on the grade. Now the temp had warmed up and there was loose snow. The grade was awesome. We didn't see any sleds at all. Your loss. lol Then did a few loops and had nothing but great trails for the most part. One was very bumpy but could ride it. Got back to the grade in Carter. Drove the back way to Lakewood on awesome trails and doubled back on those. Saturday we just took the way to Armstrong Creek again. Saw a few more sleds but not many. All in all a great season ender!! Thank you for your hard work making the 100 miler trails an awesome ride!![/QUOTE]

More Pictures.
Attachments
2019 Trip 17.jpg
2019 Trip 17.jpg (42.29 KiB) Viewed 3976 times
I Doo

A few more.

Post by I Doo »

[QUOTE=I Doo;24339]More Pictures.[/QUOTE]

Another
Attachments
2019 Trip 20.jpg
2019 Trip 20.jpg (274.99 KiB) Viewed 3976 times
I Doo

Okay one more

Post by I Doo »

[QUOTE=I Doo;24340]Another[/QUOTE]
Another
Attachments
2019 Trip 18.jpg
2019 Trip 18.jpg (71.04 KiB) Viewed 3976 times
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

I Doo wrote:Thank you Jim for letting me know the route you took taking the groomer back to Armstrong Creek first off!!
You are welcome! :thebomb:
Thanks for sharing! :smile:
I Doo

Post by I Doo »

One more with our matching sleds.
Attachments
2019 Trip 11.jpg
2019 Trip 11.jpg (265.91 KiB) Viewed 3976 times