Vid - Crooked Lake to 32

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
Skip28

Post by Skip28 »

[QUOTE=SnoBird888;21800]That's exactly how a gopro helmet video should be take! so many put them on pointing straight out but the helmet sits on the head tilting down. so they upload these videos and you cant see 2' in front of the ski tips![/QUOTE]

Thanks! I did a few tests to get the angle right. I wanted to get as close as I could to replicating what I see down the trail, but also be able to see my dash on the bottom edge (for those rare moments when the sun angle is just right allowing us to read the speedometer!)
Skip28

Post by Skip28 »

Just a gentle bump in case anyone is getting in the mood and wants to watch .... snowmobile videos, that is!
snoway

Post by snoway »

Thanks ....I guess I missed it first time around.
Good to hear input on mounting as I have a new gopro to mount. How do you temporarily mount the bracket for a test run or can you stick it and release it a few times......OR.... is all your adjustment done with the pivot?
Skip28

Post by Skip28 »

I put the mounting clip as far forward on my helmet's crown as I could, and still allow full opening of the shield. A one time, permanent installment. So, yes, I rely completely on the adjustable tilt pivot on the camera for forward/downward adjustment. It's a bit of a crapshoot, as I can't know if the angle was good until I download the videos later.