2/7/16

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
Curly

Post by Curly »

[QUOTE=snoway;22093]chit, ...seems like everyone is thinking that I was saying the trails were rough.....ain't enough damn snow to make a trail rough. Just sayin there is a lot more snirt out there than the pics show. This has NOTHING to do with grooming....everything to do with little snow...if your feelings are hurt you might have miss understood. Why can't you ppl make it snow up there?[/QUOTE]

Guy I think the misunderstanding is still yours and it is that CRZ was called out by you for posting pictures of what he rode on! I concur that is has nothing to do with rough trails or grooming at all, in my case it has everything to do with this phrase ("Your pics were selected spots and you need to tell folks that or this site might lose cred")
You can't question a guys motives or honesty without starting a chit show!
And you sure as heck can't cry foul when you get a little on your shoe!
Jim
Site Admin

Selected Shots

Post by Jim »

Of course, all shots, I think are selected shots. They do not appear magically delicious upon the screen. I know I had to made a conscious decision when I took mine! :wink:

However, I do understand where Gary is coming from, and the point he's trying to make. That's why, Yes-- I always included a pic or two of the bad. :rolleyes:

The LAST thing I wanted to do, was overstate trail conditions (which I probably did anyways). I wanted to give a fair, and complete report as I could. :cool:

I understood that people might make plans, based on my reports. I certainly did not want anyone using their precious R&R/Vacation time, and not be happy about it-- perhaps never returning (because of my report)! :thebomb:

More Info on Langlade Cty.

Post by 97911 »

SnoBird888 did all of Langlade Cty "suck" or just a portion of it? If just one area did which area?
R/L GROOMER

Post by R/L GROOMER »

Wow. Club had their ride last weekend and Langlade trails were great. Better as you went south. SOME members were up the week before last and rode north total of 280 miles on trails and burned up new carbides. replaced before club ride. all is good, lack of snow but still able to ride. Coming up this weekend with the kids. Better then nothing. Be glad we have trails to ride.:smile:
Howie
R/L GROOMER

Post by R/L GROOMER »

[QUOTE=Jim;22102]Of course, all shots, I think are selected shots. They do not appear magically delicious upon the screen. I know I had to made a conscious decision when I took mine! :wink:

However, I do understand where Gary is coming from, and the point he's trying to make. That's why, Yes-- I always included a pic or two of the bad. :rolleyes:

The LAST thing I wanted to do, was overstate trail conditions (which I probably did anyways). I wanted to give a fair, and complete report as I could. :cool:

I understood that people might make plans, based on my reports. I certainly did not want anyone using their precious R&R/Vacation time, and not be happy about it-- perhaps never returning (because of my report)! :thebomb:[/QUOTE]

Love the pics.
Howie
HGtrailboss

Conditions are what they are

Post by HGtrailboss »

We had our club ride last weekend and stayed in Dun Bar. Rode 415 miles in 3 days. Pembine, Florence, Tipler, Wabeno, Lakewood, Mountain and Silver Cliff. I would say 85% of the trails were in good to real good condition. The 15% that were rough was due to not enough snow. Some of these trails need a foot of snow or more to fill in the holes. Hats off to the groomer drivers. Your doing a great job with little to work with.:thumbup:
SnoBird888

Post by SnoBird888 »

[QUOTE=97911;22106]SnoBird888 did all of Langlade Cty "suck" or just a portion of it? If just one area did which area?[/QUOTE]

Rode Roberts lake, Lily, Antigo, and Langlade area. I was less than impressed. Only decent spots were the potato fields and any back roads converted to trails in winter. The rest tested my suspension the whole day.

Post by 97911 »

Yeah I kind of expected Robert’s Lake area to be ruff, unfortunately marginal snow and high traffic takes a big toll on that area. I rode 160 miles Saturday in Langlade and it was all pretty nice. I rode the flats out to Antigo, south to Aniwa, and down towards the south end of the county. Returning I looped back up through Matoon, Phlox, Polar then to Lily / Pickerel via Wolf River State Trail. This part of Langlade was quite nice.
SnoBird888

Post by SnoBird888 »

One good part of the low snow conditions is the trails don't get so bumpy by end of the day. not enough snow to make all the huge woops on the trails. suspension takes care of most of the bumps this way.