2/7/16

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
SnoBird888

Post by SnoBird888 »

thanks for sharing! Mind sharing what trails these were?
CRZ

Post by CRZ »

[QUOTE=SnoBird888;22073]thanks for sharing! Mind sharing what trails these were?[/QUOTE]

These were taken between Armstrong and newald and couple pics were between LMT 8 and rat river rd.(i think thats the name of the rd.)
snoway

Post by snoway »

i love this site and the 100 miler and we came across a few miles that almost looked that good....but geez I guess I should have looked you up to ride because the trails at best are fair to good. Busy weekend for sure but lets set the record straight . Your pics were selected spots and you need to tell folks that or this site might lose cred. Your pics are great for me, but I will ride the 100 miler and LMT regardless....just sayin , this year sucks for snowfall lets not false advertise it. Sorry if I am out of line but I rode last weekend and this and those pics do not show a true rep of conditions.
snoway

Post by snoway »

CRZ...please don't hate me for what I posted. You do a great service to this site with the effort you put into posting pics and believe me when I say that I DO appreciate it!...A L S o....this definately is NOT a comment on GROOMING....The 100 miler and LMT are doing a remarkable job with what they have this year!!!!!!!!
Curly

Post by Curly »

[QUOTE=snoway;22076]i love this site and the 100 miler and we came across a few miles that almost looked that good....but geez I guess I should have looked you up to ride because the trails at best are fair to good. Busy weekend for sure but lets set the record straight . Your pics were selected spots and you need to tell folks that or this site might lose cred. Your pics are great for me, but I will ride the 100 miler and LMT regardless....just sayin , this year sucks for snowfall lets not false advertise it. Sorry if I am out of line but I rode last weekend and this and those pics do not show a true rep of conditions.[/QUOTE]

Couple of facts for you snoway:

A. Early bird gets the worm, if you are #100 sled down a trail it will not look like those pictures & CRZ is an early rider!

B. There are multiple trails in the area that do look like this most of the time, experience teaches you where to find them.

C. Pics were taken Sunday Morning and all of the trails CRZ rode were groomed Saturday night.

D. Just me sayin and my opinion only but any cred lost could be yours!
CRZ

Post by CRZ »

[QUOTE=snoway;22076]i love this site and the 100 miler and we came across a few miles that almost looked that good....but geez I guess I should have looked you up to ride because the trails at best are fair to good. Busy weekend for sure but lets set the record straight . Your pics were selected spots and you need to tell folks that or this site might lose cred. Your pics are great for me, but I will ride the 100 miler and LMT regardless....just sayin , this year sucks for snowfall lets not false advertise it. Sorry if I am out of line but I rode last weekend and this and those pics do not show a true rep of conditions.[/QUOTE]

there was no false advertising here,there is a big difference between riding mid and late day and riding early in the morning after trails were groomed,i ran 116 miles sunday and all but about 30 miles were groomed the previous night
R/L GROOMER

Post by R/L GROOMER »

Living in the area has it's perks. Most of us have to travel to your area and travel home Sunday, so most of us hear the info when people come home and their ride they had. When we have snow here we have the perks for riding good trails and hear about the ruff trails on the weekend but, Sunday thru Fri there great.
snoway

Post by snoway »

[QUOTE=Curly;22078]Couple of facts for you snoway:

A. Early bird gets the worm, if you are #100 sled down a trail it will not look like those pictures & CRZ is an early rider!

B. There are multiple trails in the area that do look like this most of the time, experience teaches you where to find them.

C. Pics were taken Sunday Morning and all of the trails CRZ rode were groomed Saturday night.

D. Just me sayin and my opinion only but any cred lost could be yours![/QUOTE]

I see I upset you but I rode what I rode and saw what I saw....early on Sat and Sunday 220 miles. Like i said, I saw some spots like those pics but can't agree on that being a fair rep of the area. We need snow.
I have no reason to post BS. If you didn't believe that I appreciate all the efforts of the LMT and 100 miler, I can't help you there.
CHOPPER 3

2/7/16

Post by CHOPPER 3 »

Wow - I feel like a used toilet paper salesman . The first guy always gets the best results , it only gets crappier from there on. I'm the only one out there who's NOT damaging the trail . 3" paddle tracks , 150 hp sleds , and blowing the base off every corner is what we have to repair while most of you are drooling in your sleep .. maybe some video in front of the groomers repairing the trail would help people come to our areas ??? DOUBTFUL
Kobsha

Tuesday 8am

Post by Kobsha »

[ATTACH]4974[/ATTACH]