They Haven't been right All Year.

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
Johnnie

They Haven't been right All Year.

Post by Johnnie »

They haven't been right all year, let's hope!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (19.41 KiB) Viewed 3323 times
Skip28

Post by Skip28 »

I've got to say that it has been frustrating following the Accuweather forecasts for the snow predicted for tonight/tomorrow. Watched the totals slowly diminish to almost nothing throughout last week. Then, last night, it popped back into the forecast. Then, this morning - for a brief period - it was showing 5"plus totals for everywhere between Mountain/Crivitz/Armstrong Creek and Crandon (my typical stomping grounds). I though this sounded great ... only to see them revise it right back down to 2".

I understand that weather prediction is not an exact science ... but it seems that the only indisputable fact is that the collective weatherpeoples really have no clue what is going to happen! I'm getting seasick with all the up and down movement on seemingly an hourly basis!
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

If you really want to know what the weather is going to be like, just sit around and wait, that's what they should be telling us! :lol:
bannex

Post by bannex »

What kind of snow totals did we end up with overnight? Radar looked promising.
Curly

Snow Totals

Post by Curly »

[QUOTE=bannex;21946]What kind of snow totals did we end up with overnight? Radar looked promising.[/QUOTE]

Two Plus in Laona, I think a little more in Armstrong Creek and less than an Inch over here in Hiles.
CRZ

Post by CRZ »

Maybe close to three inches around Armstrong...I hope John dees new forecast is right
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

I had 2.5" here. A neighbor west on Millian Rd. reported 2-3". When I shoveled off my other neighbor's porch, she had a good 4 inches in her driveway, but I think some of that was due to drifting. The roads were really bad this morning on the way to school, and full of slush. The heavier snowfall from earlier has let up, with light snowfall currently.
Attachments
SnapshotJPEG.jpg
SnapshotJPEG.jpg (14.29 KiB) Viewed 3323 times
Keemez

Post by Keemez »

Definitely got higher snowfall down here in the FoxVal. I'd say a good 5, maybe 6. I was hoping it would swing north and start bringing things around up there. But there are good chances for additional snow up nort in the next week so a refreshing of the white crayons is in order! :whitecrayon::whitecrayon::whitecrayon:
SnoBird888

Post by SnoBird888 »

was the snow real wet up there or pretty fluffy? the stuff down here in the fox valley fell pretty wet but was drying out by the time I cleaned the dry way this morning.
bannex

Post by bannex »

Think there's any chance Oconto Falls, Lena, & trails that get us from Stiles to the Mountain / Townsend corridor will open? Would love to ride from the river house to the trails rather than trailer.