Tell Us about your Sled

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
Keemez

Post by Keemez »

I'm splitting time mostly between an 06 and 07 Vector, and occasionally an 02 MXZ 500. Yamadozers tho they may be... (there's no denying they're heavy. but show me one person on this forum that can hoist an entire 400+ lbs machine by himself in the first place) they are clearly superior to the older "sit down in" style of machines. Far, far more comfortable and much more of a pleasure to ride.
snoway

Post by snoway »

To get back on track let me list my other sled
2011 Yamaha Apex
4000 miles...bought at 2000 miles in Jan....got a great deal due to many wanting the other brands inovations?
Love the engine freight train pull
Love the engine ferrari like note
Love the Power steering...its magic...you can think your way through corners...its that easy.

3 things I don't like.......
Doesn't look like the high seat rider forward competition...I guess thats bad somehow...LOL
Probly won't suck up the bumps on a Saturday afternoon like some other brands....but no one likes those conditions for long ...do they?
Not sure about this 2011 but past Yamaha 4 strokes need a regular check of wear items like exhaust gaskets and FE bushings at around 5K.
Keemez

Post by Keemez »

[QUOTE=snoway;21466]To get back on track let me list my other sled 2011 Yamaha Apex
Not sure about this 2011 but past Yamaha 4 strokes need a regular check of wear items like exhaust gaskets and FE bushings at around 5K.[/QUOTE]

Didn't you have some other Y 4s prior to that Apex too? I'm pretty sure I remember asking you some specifics about the exhaust gasket procedure (maybe on the TY4S forum). Well, since Jim was kind enough to let me have my first ever Y4S test run, perhaps you'll be kind enough to let me try an EPS one out, eh? EH? :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

I had a guy once ask me if the weight of my Yamaha bothered me,
to which I replied, "Only when it's on [U]top[/U] of me!" :eye-popping:
snoway

Post by snoway »

[QUOTE=Jim;21468]I had a guy once ask me if the weight of my Yamaha bothered me,
to which I replied, "Only when it's on [U]top[/U] of me!" :eye-popping:[/QUOTE]

LOL....

Keemez,
The fix for the older Yam 4 strokes are copper exhaust gaskets and either Pioneer performance FE nylatron bushing kit...or the oilite
bushing kits by Ulmer racing and a few others.

The 2011 and newer Apex has grease zerks on the A-arms and the exhaust has a variable exhaust valve called EXUP which I am told reduces the early wear out on the gaskets due to better pipe support with shorter pipe length.

If you get a chance you really need to try out the EPS....too bad the year is over....maybe you can track me down next year.
CRZ

Post by CRZ »

[QUOTE=Jim;21468]I had a guy once ask me if the weight of my Yamaha bothered me,
to which I replied, "Only when it's on [U]top[/U] of me!" :eye-popping:[/QUOTE]

or when you got it stuck in a ditch:wink:
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

[QUOTE=CRZ]or when you got it stuck in a ditch:wink:[/QUOTE]
I think I was following you! :wink:
RVR RNR

Post by RVR RNR »

Back on subject.....
2015 Ski Doo Renegade 900 ACE - 1600 mi.- POSITIVES;
1; QUIET!
2; MILEAGE (realistically 20-23).
3; 87 OCTANE & MINIMAL MAINT.
NEGATIVES;
1; 90 mph top speed.
2; Snow ingestion in windshield storage area.
3; Slightly heavier steering than a E-Tec.
Did have a problem on last ride of season- dropped 1 cyl. (doesn't fire) have not taken it in yet. Was told some have a coil wire break or come disconnected.
Overall a great sled- very happy. Makes you think about the future of the 2-strokes.
nelsoncat

Post by nelsoncat »

The older you get the less the top speed seems to matter
RVR RNR

Post by RVR RNR »

[QUOTE=nelsoncat;21477]The older you get the less the top speed seems to matter[/QUOTE]

Craig- how was your season? What are you riding?