Sat. Weather Update

Grooming Reports and Trail Conditions
Jim
Site Admin

Sat. Weather Update

Post by Jim »

[I]from WJFW[/I][quote]We just can't seem to catch a break with the snow, or lack there of! What looked like sure bet for light snow today never materialized due to very dry air in the lowest few thousand feet of the atmosphere. So while it may have been snowing somewhere over our heads today, most of the snow evaporated before it reached the ground! Another round of light snow may be possible tonight, but mainly to the north of Highway 70 with little to no snow accumulations expected.[/quote]

:thinksnow::whitecrayon::taz:
Jim
Site Admin

I need snow!

Post by Jim »

Looks like all we got was a little dusting and some hoar frost! :mad:
Time to get your white crayons in your freezer and do the snow dance!
:whitecrayon::taz::whitecrayon: :ineedsnow: :thinksnow: :letitsnow: :whitecrayon::taz::whitecrayon:
SnoBird888

Post by SnoBird888 »

The complete lack of snow this year is almost unbelievable. Every time they call for snow and 1-3" at that it just vanishes 12 hours before hand. I am at a loss for hope this year being its almost the middle of Feb already.:frown:
Skip28

Post by Skip28 »

[QUOTE=SnoBird888;21139]The complete lack of snow this year is almost unbelievable. Every time they call for snow and 1-3" at that it just vanishes 12 hours before hand. I am at a loss for hope this year being its almost the middle of Feb already.:frown:[/QUOTE]

...and meanwhile, Boston is closing in on 60" in just the past few weeks. Unbelievable!! It is getting to the point that I am starting to take it personally, but there is no one to direct my frustration at - which only makes it more frustrating!
SnoBird888

Post by SnoBird888 »

Right I mean even the snow southern WI got. 10-16" of snow and I see on FB yesterday a picture. Trails are gone already down to the dirt. Lasted a week if that. Pretty sure the 100miler trails are working with 16" for the whole year so far w/ all that melt in December and lack of snow since. I guess we could just starting venting at each other.
I am getting to the point were I could spend weekends working on the house rather than having to get up at 6am to ride sat/sun and spend noon til 9pm with my thumb up my ass since trails are shit by noon.

The groomers are doing a GREAT job none the less and im crossing my fingers they are getting the 2-3" tomorrow into wednesday so there is something new to work with. Once that ice base is gone say goodbye to the trails.
RVR RNR

Post by RVR RNR »

I think the manufacturers of grooming drags will be selling a lot of packer pans since they will all be worn thin after this season.:(
Skip28

Post by Skip28 »

As much as I complain about the lack of new snow ... I can't really complain about my season so far. I've been up every other weekend since the new year, with 1,100 miles in so far. The vast majority of those miles have been on good trails - surprisingly good, in some cases, considering the lack of snow. (I thought extreme northern Forest, Florence and Marinette counties were awesome at the end of Jan!) Groomers from just about every club up north are working absolute magic. And, who knows ... maybe Tuesday night's little disturbance will actually bring a few precious inches of snow. I'm Minocqua bound this weekend, and even a little insurance snow would ease my mind!

:taz:::whitecrayon::taz::whitecrayon::taz:
SnoBird888

Post by SnoBird888 »

Good luck with your minoqua trip. I have only rode the Forest country trails twice this year and obth times the 100 Miler blew me away! Went on a trip to Minoqua two weekends ago now and they were anything but great. They have not got much for snow since either so Forest/Florence will prob provide you much better trails but hey I could be wrong. Pray for snow and have a good trip! Ill be back to Townsend to ride north again Feb20 and 28th weekend!
CRZ

Post by CRZ »

there is no lack of snow this year we are almost at 60 inches which is a normal season total,its just that we haven't had much new snow since january,hell one more ride and i'll match last years mileage total and i rode into april last year
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

from wjfw:
Attachments
weather.jpg
weather.jpg (35.66 KiB) Viewed 3029 times