OK, so when do we ride?.....if you had to guess

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

[QUOTE=snoway]....how could I ask my dumb questions without YOU!:o[/QUOTE]That's what I'm here for! :tongue:
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

[i]from [url=http://wjfw.com/stories.html?sku=20141207221752]WJFW[/url]:[/i][quote]The Minocqua Forest Riders Snowmobile Club vice president Guss Jones says the state set a guideline for trails to open [B]December 12th[/B], but it's up to the individual clubs.[/quote]

And it sounds like they have the same problems we have:
[quote]Since so many of our trails go over a swamp, we can't get our heavy grooming equipment over the swamps, said Jones. So I think we're going to organize a team and start running some snowmobiles down to get some of these swamps packed down so we can get our grooming equipment over those swamps.[/quote]

And then:
[quote]We have an inspection on our trails to make sure all of our signage is up, all of our sponsors signs, all of our trail mark, all of our intersection markings are all proper and correct and of course coincide with our trail map.[/quote]

And finally:
[quote]Once they're done with that they'll be able to open up the trails, but there are precise steps to make sure everything is ready.[/quote]

:sledder:
snelly

Post by snelly »

[QUOTE=CRZ]just looked at the long range forecast,if it holds up there won't be much snow left to open the trails:thumbdown:[/QUOTE]Saturday's predicted highs in the 40s! :eek:
thinksnow

Be Patient!

Post by thinksnow »

[QUOTE=snoway;20472]This silly sport a snowmobiling is sporratic and way too short a season to have even a few oportunities taken away from both enthusiast AND business that it supports.
Unfortunately, for the locals, I will be spending snowmobile cash north of the border this week rather than supporting businesses here in my home state. The snow is here ...NOW....who knows where it will be in 12 days....muzzle loader season doesen't support local business like sledders do.
Time to get a grip Wisconsin.....like the DOT rhyme sings out in the public service spots on radio...."Snow,...slow,....I say the state tourism division needs a spot singing,....Snow....GO!:smile:[/QUOTE]

I was just like all of you people last year, see snow pictures on the web site and can't wait until the trails open. Questioning why it has to be posted in the paper? I don't blame you for going to Michigan, I used to too especially in early December. I prefer snowmobiling here in Wisconsin and have learned to be patient. I know our snowmobiling season is always really short, but I also know that the best is yet to come! :thumbup:
Chainlake

Patient?

Post by Chainlake »

[I] I prefer snowmobiling here in Wisconsin and have learned to be patient.....[/I]

Patient??? I think there is a different support group that meets over on the cross country skiing page for that problem.....:smile:
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

It's not looking good for the home team. :frown:

:thinksnow:
Pizza Man

Post by Pizza Man »

The way it looks, it will be a few weeks. Need a few good snow falls.
CRZ

Post by CRZ »

[QUOTE=Jim;20538]It's not looking good for the home team. :frown:

:thinksnow:[/QUOTE]

Nothing a foot of snow can't fix
:thinksnow:
RVR RNR

Post by RVR RNR »

It has to get DAMN cold before we get a foot of the white gold! :eek:
Jim
Site Admin

White Crayons

Post by Jim »

Might be time to break out the white crayons!

:whitecrayon: