Why are trails closing?!?

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

[QUOTE=mudslinger]we should change web page to closed ~ It states open and I had a few pull through.:frown:[/QUOTE]

The web page was updated with the closing date the day the closing date announcement was made. It was also made on the forums, as well as the local news and newspaper. Everybody knows the trails are closed.
Jim
Site Admin

Meanwhile...

Post by Jim »

Around 5-6" so far.
Attachments
SnapshotJPEG.jpg
SnapshotJPEG.jpg (18.75 KiB) Viewed 2401 times
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

I see the web cam clock needs to be set ahead an hour!
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

There. All better. It was just the one cam with the wrong time. But it's fixed now. Looks like just under 6".
Attachments
SnapshotJPEG.jpg
SnapshotJPEG.jpg (19.37 KiB) Viewed 2401 times
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

[QUOTE=mudslinger]we should change web page to closed ~ It states open and I had a few pull through.
:frown:[/QUOTE]

I am curious as to what device and browser you were using?
snohawk

Post by snohawk »

[QUOTE=mudslinger;20202]we should change web page to closed ~ It states open and I had a few pull through.
:frown:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Jim;20209]I am curious as to what device and browser you were using?[/QUOTE]

My browser also said the trails were open until this afternoon. I had to restart my computer for some updates from Windows. I was using Firefox.
Jim
Site Admin

Web Browser Cache Settings

Post by Jim »

[QUOTE=snohawk]My browser also said the trails were open until this afternoon. I had to restart my computer for some updates from Windows. I was using Firefox.[/QUOTE]

It's a Firefox/Mozilla thing. It is a combination of the way Firefox calculates web page expiration (from date of last edit) and your Firefox [B]browser.cache.check_doc_frequency[/B] setting, which defaults to "3" (check for a new version when the page is out of date).

What this means, is that all of your static web pages are read from your web cache until the expiration date expires, or you clear your web cache. The web page for [url]www.100MileSnowSafari.org[/url] doesn't get updated that often, so your Firefox doesn't check that often for an updated web page. Instead of checking for a newer page, it just uses the older cached version.

In Internet Explorer, this generally isn't a problem, and can be verified through IE's Internet Options:
[b]Internet Explorer > Internet Options > Browsing History > Settings[/b]

With Firefox, type [B]about:config[/B] in the location (address) bar of the web browser and press the key. Ignore the warranty warning and click the "[B]I'll be careful, I promise![/B]" button. Type [b]cache[/b] in the Search box and press the key. Right click on [B]browser.cache.check_doc_frequency[/B] and then Left click [b]Modify[/b]. Type in [b]1[/b] and click [B]OK[/B]. This sets Firefox to check for a new version every time a page is loaded.

I hope this helps.
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

Looks like about 8-10" so far, with a lot of blowing and drifting.
Attachments
SnapshotJPEG.jpg
SnapshotJPEG.jpg (17.88 KiB) Viewed 2401 times
Z1 TURBO

Post by Z1 TURBO »

Just one dumb question, how come we did not hear a tune from the plump young lady??
Jim
Site Admin

As Requested

Post by Jim »

[youtube]PiMvpUtE5y4[/youtube]