Cold Brushing Day Huge Success

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
Johnnie

Cold Brushing Day Huge Success

Post by Johnnie »

Before I post a few of the pics I have, I would like to thank all 79 "Brushers" who braved the cold temps to help brush and inspect our trails. I will try to list some of the groups and what portion of trail they brushed. Starting in Laona, Chris and Terri Huenink did work in the Laona Silver Lake area. Then Kelly and Craig Michels along with John and Nicki Budiack were guided by Scott Rassmusen south of Silver Lake and out ot Johnnies and up the Margie Rd. Dave Stedjee and Jake Aschenbrenner opened up the 62 trail including panning the swamp with the drag. In the Cavour area, the Heberer Team did an outstanding job of widening the trail south of Mudslingers. In the Newald and Neligan Pond area we had the Townsend Crew. We have to give them more of a challenging stretch next year. The Matzdeorf Group from then Plymouth area did their usual trec through the swamps from Neligans Pond toward Armstrong Cr to the Fence intersection. Wayne Brehmer took care of the rest of the way to town. From Armstrong Creek south Green Shack Jerry had an able team of young Rookies who did all the way to the swamp north of Benson Lk Rd. From south of the swamp past Christmas Tree Inn to I think Goodman Park Rd., the Mod Squad of Curly, Ralphie, Jerry, Steve, Dean and Sam did their usual route. They went down the hill by Xmas Tree this year. From there south through Wabeno to Carter was done by the crew who met in Wabeno. I think Walshie and Woodtick had a crew just south of the Mod Squad. The BIG contingent from Trump Lake generally does work on the grade along the Rat River. Where CJ and Tennesse assigned some of the other including Pat1 and kids, the Van Handels and many others, I do not know. But still thanks. Spinler and his son started at Windfall Lake and brushed north to Roberts Lake. Roberts Lk Pearl, Todd , Brain and Kenny, widened the trail in the Roberts Lk and Ludington lake area and also went north to Star Lk Rd. By the way it was Kenny who dropped a tree on his own truck. Iam sure I missed many especially those who met in Wabeno, but we still greatly appreciate all your help every year. We always have a great time meeting up every Dec. for some work and great food and drinks at T-Bobs.
Attachments
1111.jpg
1111.jpg (30.95 KiB) Viewed 2981 times
Johnnie

Post by Johnnie »

Brushing 2
Attachments
2222.jpg
2222.jpg (32.68 KiB) Viewed 2981 times
Johnnie

Post by Johnnie »

Brushing 3
Attachments
3333.jpg
3333.jpg (32.7 KiB) Viewed 2981 times
Johnnie

Post by Johnnie »

Any more pics, send to [email]johnnies33@gmail.com[/email]. I will try to get them up.
Johnnie

Post by Johnnie »

Maybe someone can bring one of these next year.
[youtube]OW2UvW6xLP8[/youtube]
snojunkie

Thank You

Post by snojunkie »

I would like to thank "ALL" of the people who went out and gave their time and labor to work the trails so that everyone else can have a safe and enjoyable experience when they go up north. Thank you very much.
Johnnie

Post by Johnnie »

Just got this pic from the Townsend Crew. They cut anything that might touch the flag. Great idea....groomers are ten feet high. Keep Calm and Chive On
Attachments
Townsend Brushing Crew.jpg
Townsend Brushing Crew.jpg (50.81 KiB) Viewed 2981 times
Pat

Good lookin' group

Post by Pat »

Johnnie, glad to see that so many workers were willing to brave the cold weather to have a safe place to ride to enjoy the great northland. Hope all had a great time after the day's work. No doubt some hot-spiced wine and other spirits was available to warm the body, ha!
I look forward to more pictures of snowmobiling activities. Lowell Patterson
Johnnie

Lowell Patterson!!!!

Post by Johnnie »

Everyone who reads this board should be extremely thankful to this man. He was the Ranger in the Laona Ranger Station in the late 60's and early 70's who was the brains behind laying out much of the original 100 Mile Snow Safari trails system. Much of it is still on the original trails. It is great to see him post on our website. Without his guidance, trails in Forest County, would not be what they are today. I for one want to say, Thanks to Lowell and all the others, years ago, who had the fore sight to see what snowmobiling could bring to the Nicolet Forest and Forest County.
ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

Thanks Lowell!!!