NEW OWNERS?

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
JJTOOLS25

NEW OWNERS?

Post by JJTOOLS25 »

Anyone heard if the old backwoods bar is going to re-open? Heard a rumor.
HGtrailboss

New owners

Post by HGtrailboss »

My buddy has a cabin right up the road. The new owners are from the Green Bay area. They are planning on opening in October. I was up that way 2 weeks ago. They seem to be doing some remodeling and fixing the place up a little.
snoway

Post by snoway »

great news! it was missed last year.
CRZ

Post by CRZ »

New owner at the popple river pub also:thumbup:, but it will never be the same without larry :thumbdown:
zr600rider

NEW OWNERS?

Post by zr600rider »

[QUOTE=CRZ;12939]New owner at the popple river pub also:thumbup:, but it will never be the same without larry :thumbdown:[/QUOTE]

Hows Larry doin these days?
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

[QUOTE=zr600rider]Hows Larry doin these days?[/QUOTE]Larry and Gail are living in Laona now, where they are probably finally able to enjoy a less hectic lifestyle. I tried to track him down a couple of times, without success. My wife ran into Larry at a Garage Sale this past summer in Laona. She tried telling me where he lives now, but I'm not sure if it was her or me that have our directions mixed up! :shrug: But the Popple River Pub was a very special place with Larry and Gail for sure. A place to go where you could get away from all your worries and take a load off your shoulders. A place where Larry treated EVERYONE like a KING/QUEEN! :king: And while they may no longer be there, it takes NOTHING away from the many FOND MEMORIES that many of us have of them after numerous years of selfless service.
:cheers:
Thanks for the good times and priceless memories.... because thats one of those things that will always be a part of me, and something that I can take with me when I leave this place. Man... those were the days, eh?

:thebomb:
doonorth1

Post by doonorth1 »

The old Lily River Lodge has new owners as well. They are already open, the new name is Frog Valley Inn.
Jackfrost

Post by Jackfrost »

Has anyone heard anything about the oild Wild Rose
on Roberts LaKe? Sure would be nice to see that place
open again,
doonorth1

Post by doonorth1 »

Heard it's in foreclosure and should be on the market soon.