Waukesha Trail Conditions 2/18/2014

Grooming Reports and Trail Conditions
snohawk

Waukesha Trail Conditions 2/18/2014

Post by snohawk » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:15 am

Tuesday 2/18/2014

All Trails in Waukesha County will be closed starting 2/18/2014 6:00 AM. The trails will remain closed Wednesday and Thursday, this is to preserve the trail base for the up coming weekend.

Please stay off the trails until the temperature drops below 32 degrees.

[COLOR="#FF0000"][B]For the most up-to-date trails open/closed information, please call the hotline at: (414) 299-0330[/B][/COLOR]

Fast_Jim

Post by Fast_Jim » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:23 am

Good job being proactive and closing the trails. A little surprised that they are not open in the evenings, as the temps once the sun goes down is supposed to drop below 32, but...

Bottom line - if anyone sees anyone out on the trails the next 3 days, be sure to call the sheriff/police. Nothing pisses me off more than seeing someone out on the trails when they are closed, ruining it for the rest of us. I'm so thankful all the landowners allow us to use and enjoy their land - they deserve our utmost respect - so when the trails are closed, STAY OFF!

See everyone on the trails again this weekend (hopefully enough snow will stick around)

Fast_Jim

Post by Fast_Jim » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:52 pm

I live just off Trail 36 - between Lake Five and Hickory Road... been hearing sleds going through there this afternoon - a bunch of them.

But I can't see them - so it is hard for me to report them. All you would need is a cop sitting at Hickory and one at Lake Five (can't tell the direction they are going) - but I'm sure in today's world, police have a lot of better things to do that sit and wait for snowmobiles to pop out.

Return to “Grooming Reports / Trail Conditions”