Armstrong Creek Update 1/18/21

Grooming Reports and Trail Conditions
CHOPPER 3

Armstrong Creek Update 1/18/21

Post by CHOPPER 3 »

SS 2 was panned from Armstrong to Nelligan Pond earlier this afternoon and will be finished Wednesday . Minor welding repairs had to be made to the early season drag today . Still seeing some water in the swamps but they are freezing up , they don't freeze if ya don't pack em' guy ;) We've been getting some minor accumulations here and there hopefully they keep coming !
100 Miler Trail Boss
Skee whiz

Re: Armstrong Creek Update 1/18/21

Post by Skee whiz »

In the past we've seen those swamps in your section take a long time to freeze down . Many a year when water was present . My riding partner (T.S.) and I can remember getting the Super Stinger and the Whip across that long cedar swamp , what a beautiful section . Just wondering , do Laona groomers report/ update on this site ? We love the extensive and detailed reports from Wabeno and Armstrong . We have a cabin in Northern Forest county and love running the Wabeno and Armstrong trails with our old Iron , you always know what your getting from those sections ! Keep up the good work drivers 😁
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

Skee whiz wrote: Just wondering , do Laona groomers report/ update on this site ?
They're supposed to. I'm going to bring it up at the "necks" meeting. :o
TootinScootn

Post by TootinScootn »

Skee whiz wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:35 am In the past we've seen those swamps in your section take a long time to freeze down . Many a year when water was present . My riding partner (T.S.) and I can remember getting the Super Stinger and the Whip across that long cedar swamp , what a beautiful section . Just wondering , do Laona groomers report/ update on this site ? We love the extensive and detailed reports from Wabeno and Armstrong . We have a cabin in Northern Forest county and love running the Wabeno and Armstrong trails with our old Iron , you always know what you're getting from those sections ! Keep up the good work drivers 😁
Can't wait to get back up there! Think Snow!!
"My two great treats in life are baked beans and vanilla ice cream." --Jonathan Dimbleby