Tuesday/Wednesday Snow Storm

Grooming Reports and Trail Conditions
CHOPPER 3

Tuesday/Wednesday Snow Storm

Post by CHOPPER 3 »

Forecasters are predicting a sizeable snow event for the area on Tuesday through Wednesday . Calling for several inches of wet , heavy snow . While most of us are excited to see the snow , this is probably one of the worst things we could ask for as far as any ideas of beginning to prep trails for our season . The blast of cold temps we received a few weeks ago had things headed in the right direction , however we lost all of the frozen ground with the warm up we've experienced in the last week . Compounding the situation , this wet heavy snow they are predicting will only insulate the thawed ground and work against any chances of our critical swamp sections freezing down again . As most know , we need some seriously cold temps and a duration of them to get things started . Swamps are as wet as they've been in the last 3 soggy years , and worse in select areas . Until then to keep moral up , keep watching some of the amazing videos on this site and throw another coat of wax on the old girl . Equiptment continues to be prepped so we are ready to roll when the time is right , until then stayed tuned for further updates and lets hope for some cold :)
100 Miler Trail Boss
RVR RNR

Re: Tuesday/Wednesday Snow Storm

Post by RVR RNR »

It drives me nuts to see everyone so excited about a snow event this early. They obviously don't know what it takes to get trails ready. We need at least 2 weeks of single digit nights to set things up before we get ANY snow.
"I'm a professional snowmobiler interrupted by my work schedule."
Jim
Site Admin

Re: Tuesday/Wednesday Snow Storm

Post by Jim »

RVR RNR wrote: It drives me nuts to see everyone so excited about a snow event this early.
You've got to love their enthusiasm! ;) :lol: :ugeek: