Stay On Trail

Grooming Reports and Trail Conditions
Jim
Site Admin

Stay On Trail

Post by Jim »

This just in:
[quote]Bunch of this weekend's snowmobilers went off the trail by the dump and rode all over the swamp and now the owner wants it shut, no access. They just ruined it for everyone because in order for a new traill it'll be by the road and more dangerous to cross. Why do they do that?[/quote]
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

UPDATE:
The guy who owns the marsh by the dump wants that trail closed TOMORROW! Do u have any "No Snowmobiling" signs? Yes. 😥
jakerides

Post by jakerides »

We are experiencing. the same issue. Total lack of respect! Our trail to lake Metonga could close if off trail riders continue.

Wayne
tsg

Post by tsg »

I ride the 100, LMT, and Red Arrow trails all the time and this year has been really bad with people riding everywhere. I have actually witnessed and then spoke with 2 groups, and they didn't like me confronting them nor telling them they were obvious dickheads.........No way to explain it or understand it, but really just a reflection of the new generations who think (use that term loosely) who cares, I can do whatever i want, where ever and how ever I want........sad but true, and I'm lucky and glad my kids and many others learned to respect the trails, rights and priviledges, we as snowmobilers, ATVer's, etc...have.

Keep up the good work men...........as there are many of us who really do appreciate your hard work and efforts!
Tom

Post by Tom »

We all see it. Sign says stay on the trail and right after the sign a track going out into a field. The guy must have hit the sign with his shoulder. I can almost guarantee they are not the hardcore trail riders who frequent this website. Brainstorming here but use some modern technology like cameras at some of the critical areas to try and catch these guys. I would pay extra club dues to purchase something that may be able to help this issue. Closing trails is not the direction I want to see. And I also don’t blame a landowner one bit.
I Doo

Post by I Doo »

Tom wrote:We all see it. Sign says stay on the trail and right after the sign a track going out into a field. The guy must have hit the sign with his shoulder. I can almost guarantee they are not the hardcore trail riders who frequent this website. Brainstorming here but use some modern technology like cameras at some of the critical areas to try and catch these guys. I would pay extra club dues to purchase something that may be able to help this issue. Closing trails is not the direction I want to see. And I also don’t blame a landowner one bit.
I agree. I would be willing to pay more as well. We were up in Carter all weekend. Saw tracks off the trail. The people doing this are not on this site I'm sure of it. Kids!!!!!!!
ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

Tom wrote:We all see it. Sign says stay on the trail and right after the sign a track going out into a field. The guy must have hit the sign with his shoulder. I can almost guarantee they are not the hardcore trail riders who frequent this website. Brainstorming here but use some modern technology like cameras at some of the critical areas to try and catch these guys. I would pay extra club dues to purchase something that may be able to help this issue. Closing trails is not the direction I want to see. And I also don’t blame a landowner one bit.
This past Saturday, I had seen a police officer on the trail at a stop sign. Maybe a way to stop it is maybe have an officer sit and watch it happen and give them a ticket for trespassing. :shrug:
snoway

Post by snoway »

We rode to AC from LMT8 today primarily because the trails were fresh groomed that way and also to maybe see where the violators were riding off trail because from the description on here I had no idea where it was at.
I think we found the problem area which is on the trail north loop out of AC. From the description.... the swamp.... I stopped and saw where someone was making tracks left and right of the trail.
It did look like a frozen swamp so i think I was in the right place.
I saw no new signs to stay on trail or trail closed.
Whoever the dimwhits were, they picked the shallowest snow in the entire northwoods to go "boondocking"....LOL...
I certainly hope the off trail guys did no more damage to this swamp property than the actual trail that runs right through the middle of this parcel.
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

Tom wrote:I can almost guarantee they are not the hardcore trail riders who frequent this website.
We know who they are.
snoway

Post by snoway »

I replied to Ralphies post and see it is gone. I will delete my reply.