Sunday Morning Update

Grooming Reports and Trail Conditions
CHOPPER 3

Sunday Morning Update

Post by CHOPPER 3 »

The Armstrong Creek section North (SS2 & NST1) was Groomed saturday night and into the early hours of sunday . SS1 was also groomed til 5:30 this morning . Hopefully the trails make it through this upcoming warm spell . As predicted , an extremely high volume of traffic was seen this weekend in all of our sections . I have not witnessed the trails being trashed this badly in years . Even with top notch equiptment it will take a lot more work to pull the corners back in and cover the icy hills that have been spun down to nothing . Every corner , and I mean EVERY corner was blown off the trail , road-runner bait piles that can throw 6.25 Tons of Tucker for a ride littererd the trail . This type of riding makes things dangerous for riders and grooming equiptment. Our machines are trying to cut so deeply into the trail that we are having traction issues due to all the ice . We all understand that you have to ride em' while you got em' .. we arent trail cops , and not everybody rides like their grab bar is on fire but for guys like us who spend more TIME on the trails than any rider its a kick in the face . No, theres nobody crying here , just stating the current trail conditions . They are your trails , treat them with respect and leave some behind for the next guy ..
jakerides

Post by jakerides »

X2
Harski

Post by Harski »

X3! Was up your way last weekend Thursday thru Sunday. Saturday and Sunday's rides were insane to see such destruction and abuse of the trails! This happens everywhere of course but it was really sad to see such awesome trails take such a beating! I thought the same thing to myself as Chopper mentioned "why can't these people ride to save the trail for others behind them and/or themselves for the ride back?". Selfishness at it best!

Regardless, we had a great time and truly appreciated the efforts by the 100 Miler and all the surrounding clubs we had the pleasure of riding their trails!

Thanks again!

Harski
CRZ

Post by CRZ »

if the trails were as bad as you said you must be a miracle worker chooper3,'cause they were in pretty good shape this afternoon on my ride home:thumbup:
Johnnie

Post by Johnnie »

I groomed Sunday in Laona area......they were well used!