Armstrong Creek Update 2/21

Grooming Reports and Trail Conditions
CHOPPER 3

Armstrong Creek Update 2/21

Post by CHOPPER 3 »

The Armstrong Creek sections, SS1 and SS6 were groomed yesterday morning and are rated Excellent. Wheeled traffic on the 100 Miler continues to be a problem this season. It would appear that an individual attempted to take a ride down the beautiful Rat River Trail from Rat River road west toward the Bear Creek bridge, where they attempted to turn around. The vehicle buried itself and needed extrtaction. It would also appear that a front end loader came to the rescue, plowing the trail in and out to the road, and looks like they fell off the trail with this piece of equipment and buried themselves just short of rat river road. I dont care who you are, if you drive your four-wheel buggy from Detroit city on the marked snowmobile trail YOU ARE A MORON. You put more people in danger than you can imagine by creating multiple hazzards, including for the poor soul who has to come get your dumb ass off the trail. I marked the hazzard with a post and blazer and a hazzard marker. I've had it with idiots getting "lost" and ending up on the trail with wheeled traffic. If your bored this weekend, stop up at Popple River Pub and watch idiots drive out of the parking lot on 200 feet of trail and bury themselves... its the 3rd 0r 4th one this year. No matter how many signs we put up you cant fix stupid. Moving on to the sections North of Armstrong, SS2 and NST1, these sections were groomed late last night and into this morning. Trails are also rated Excellent and will make for a great weekend. Warm temps will have an effect on quality and we will be going nocturnal with our grooming schedule as temps permit. Long story short, keep your bumpers on the blacktop, your skis in your lane, ride right and leave some trail for the next guy.
100 Miler Trail Boss
ralphie

Re: Armstrong Creek Update 2/21

Post by ralphie »

Thanks Josh,

You can't fix stupid, seems to be more common lately.

The idiots rip up the trail, someone hits ruts and snowmobile club is at fault.

There are a lot of excellent trails out there, take advantage this weekend, not too many left.

Ride right, Stay safe

Ralphie
Johnnie

Re: Armstrong Creek Update 2/21

Post by Johnnie »

My bet
Local
Who else would be back on Rat River Rd.
They knew EXACTLY where they were