Premium gas prices

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
snoway

Premium gas prices

Post by snoway »

Just a heads up. Couldn't help but notice that Premium gas pricing varies wildly in the area.
Major gas station in Wabeno is $.50 higher than Laona Shell and other places we filled up at while the non premium was pretty much the same all over.
tsg

Post by tsg »

Been that way all year from what I have noticed. Both north and south 91 at other stations much less. I see tons of sleds filing up there, so more power to them, since so many do not seem to care.

Good samaritan to the 100 Miler club though, as this has been the winter home to the Wabeno groomer for years and years.........
snoway

Post by snoway »

[QUOTE=tsg;24179]Been that way all year from what I have noticed. Both north and south 91 at other stations much less. I see tons of sleds filing up there, so more power to them, since so many do not seem to care.

Good samaritan to the 100 Miler club though, as this has been the winter home to the Wabeno groomer for years and years.........[/QUOTE]
Yes, I know that the groomer sits there.
Not sure what your point might be as to why the non eth premium is so much higher there.
As far as good Samaritan, etc.
Who would need non ethanol premium in this area during the winter months if not for maintained snow trails?:confused:...I'd build them a shed over that groomer.
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

[QUOTE=snoway]I'd build them a shed over that groomer.[/QUOTE]Haha :lol:
All hail the Krist station! :thebomb:
They let us plug in the Wabeno Tucker-Terra Sno-Cat, which is nice. :smile:

:winterrules:
snoway

Post by snoway »

[QUOTE=Jim;24190]Haha :lol:
All hail the Krist station! :thebomb:
They let us plug in the Wabeno Tucker-Terra Sno-Cat, which is nice. :smile:

:winterrules:[/QUOTE]

Yes...I made a point to fill up there in the past!
unlocal

non ethanol regular

Post by unlocal »

Hello All, I've used nothing but no ethanol regular in ALL of my motorized cars, trucks and winter & summer toys since the late 1960s. i get the no ethanol 87 regular ai Oshkosh, Appleton or Mukwonago on the way upnort. If I plan on some long distance riding, I'll fill up with the nasty:thumbdown: 10% regular but I never leave that stuff in over the summer! (Don't ask how I know what happens!):eek: Last time I had a need for premium was when I was a kid driving high compression V8 detroit iron, lol! Usually don't worry about the upnort prices for fuel - it's gotta get up there and the station operators gotta make a buck. ymmv!:thumbup:
Dward

Krist station prices - feels like gouging

Post by Dward »

While it is nice that they let the groomer plug in, their prices have always been $.50 higher - winter and summer. There’s no reason for it. And of course visitors can’t see the price until they pull up at the pump. Feels a little dishonest to me. As someone who goes to the area year round, I’ll go to Laona or Carter for gas.