Attachments
fbpic.jpg
fbpic.jpg (153.32 KiB) Viewed 3517 times
I Doo

Post by I Doo »

Sad to see. How many days till trails open? :tongue:
Pat1

Post by Pat1 »

Seeing pictures like this make it easier to understand why the trails are closed.
snoway

Post by snoway »

COOL!...interaction!!!

I guess I should have taken a pic of the 10 miles of LMT7 right next to the Northwoods tax hole I built 17 years ago....It was perfect when we left as was 99.9% of the trails we rode Sunday late into the day as we visited 4 different local businesses.

Can't understand why a sled site that promotes excellent trails would post a pic that represents less than .01% of all the trails they maintain....could it be you all are feeling guilty about your RUSH to close the trails this year?.....because there is NO denying it was done suddenly.
definitely some sort of outside interests riding ruffshod over the local decision making. Very odd indeed.

That being said, we will always love the Forest county trails no matter who is in charge of things and when we don't we will cut our losses and move on.
snoway

Post by snoway »

[QUOTE=Pat1;23892]Seeing pictures like this make it easier to understand why the trails are closed.[/QUOTE]
Yes , please stay home.....LOL....:lol::lol::lol:
Pat1

Post by Pat1 »

I managed to make it up to Forest County for the last 11 weekends...every weekend the trails were open this season! This will be my first weekend home since Christmas. The last two weekends of snowmobiling were hit or miss. Woods and unplowed roads were great..open areas and plowed roads not so much. My last ride was Sunday evening. The trail from Laona to Johnnies along highway 8 was nothing but bare dirt. I had to ditchbang alongside the highway to get around the dirt. And then others looked like they couldn't get any better. Pristine white! And then I come around the corner on LMT 3 to a plowed road. It was a 1/2 mile of nothing but mud. As much as I would have enjoyed another weekend or two of snowmobiling, seeing a picture like the one above helps remind me why the trails did need to close. With no snow and above freezing temperatures in the long range forecast, they were not going to improve.

Most of Langlade County is closing their trails at 8:00 am this Friday as well.

It is time to put away the sleds, put on a fresh coat of wax, and count the days until next season!

:sledder::sledder::sledder:
snoway

Post by snoway »

[QUOTE=Pat1;23896]I managed to make it up to Forest County for the last 11 weekends...every weekend the trails were open this season! This will be my first weekend home since Christmas. The last two weekends of snowmobiling were hit or miss. Woods and unplowed roads were great..open areas and plowed roads not so much. My last ride was Sunday evening.
[COLOR="#FF0000"][B]The trail from Laona to Johnnies along highway 8 was nothing but bare dirt.[/B][/COLOR] I had to ditchbang alongside the highway to get around the dirt. And then others looked like they couldn't get any better. Pristine white! And then I come around the corner on LMT 3 to a plowed road. It was a 1/2 mile of nothing but mud. As much as I would have enjoyed another weekend or two of snowmobiling, seeing a picture like the one above helps remind me why the trails did need to close. With no snow and above freezing temperatures in the long range forecast, they were not going to improve.

It is time to put away the sleds, put on a fresh coat of wax, and count the days until next season!

:sledder::sledder::sledder:[/QUOTE]

AMEN....you sound like you had a good year....we couldn't get away as often as you did but overall we had a good run as well....a little better than the previous 2 seasons. 3 bad/so-so years in a row has built frustration into my riding schedule.
Well, maybe next year will be epic.:thumbup:

In BOLD.....I avoid that beaten path most of the year....even with snow it is usually down to ice from all of the traffic to Mecca.:lol:

South of Sam's is my little gem.....LOL...KEEP OUT!!!!!!!:lol:
snoway

Post by snoway »

[QUOTE=Jim;23890].[url]http://www.snowsafari.com/attachment.ph ... 1521042049[/url][/QUOTE]

See that track in the lower left....I think that is mine.......and right around that right hand turn the trail was a 10 in the woods!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::thumbup:
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

[QUOTE=snoway]and right around that right hand turn the trail was a 10 in the woods!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::thumbup:[/QUOTE]
HAHAHA :lol: Nice try... :wink: But that's NOT really a right hand turn there! :smile:
It jogs a bit to the right.... right before the left turn into the swamp south of Armstrong Creek!

:winterrules:
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

[QUOTE=Pat1;23896]I managed to make it up to Forest County for the last 11 weekends...every weekend the trails were open this season! This will be my first weekend home since Christmas. The last two weekends of snowmobiling were hit or miss. Woods and unplowed roads were great..open areas and plowed roads not so much. My last ride was Sunday evening. The trail from Laona to Johnnies along highway 8 was nothing but bare dirt. I had to ditchbang alongside the highway to get around the dirt. And then others looked like they couldn't get any better. Pristine white! And then I come around the corner on LMT 3 to a plowed road. It was a 1/2 mile of nothing but mud. As much as I would have enjoyed another weekend or two of snowmobiling, seeing a picture like the one above helps remind me why the trails did need to close. With no snow and above freezing temperatures in the long range forecast, they were not going to improve.

:sledder::sledder::sledder:[/QUOTE]

Glad you were able to enjoy! Sorry I missed you this year.