Travel WI Snow Conditions.

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
snoway

Post by snoway »

I almost came on here to apologize but then reread all of my posts and realized that my points are valid.
If an individual wants to be offended by my posts it is a problem I can't fix with an apology.
There was absolutely no harm intended to anyone or this website.

Having said that, in the future I will direct my concerns to the Forest Co. Alliance or tourism/recreational council and maybe that is where I should have started.
My initial thoughts were to get the info on here because to me, this website is snow condition central in Forest Co. and figured it would simply get passed along from here.

Have a good off season to everyone.
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

[QUOTE=snoway;23911]I almost came on here to apologize but then reread all of my posts and realized that my points are valid.
If an individual wants to be offended by my posts it is a problem I can't fix with an apology.
There was absolutely no harm intended to anyone or this website.

Having said that, in the future I will direct my concerns to the Forest Co. Alliance or tourism/recreational council and maybe that is where I should have started.
My initial thoughts were to get the info on here because to me, this website is snow condition central in Forest Co. and figured it would simply get passed along from here.

Have a good off season to everyone.[/QUOTE]
Thank you, Gary!
I understand where you're coming from.
I always tell people that if you hang around me long enough,
you will find out something about me that you don't like,
and I will find out something about you that I don't like.
That doesn't mean we can't work around those differences,
and still be friends.
Have a good summer, and I'll be looking forward to more
stimulating conversations next winter! :smile:
unlocal

End of season frustration!

Post by unlocal »

I can agree with anyone that is frustrated at this time of year but whaddya gonna do when ma nature decides to make a nasty move? :frown: I'm wondering about something, though, ever since the early eighties, we always get our last few rides in after the gates were closed by riding the fire lanes in the Nicolet woods and on the lakes where there's plenty of snow left late in the season. I've never seen or heard of any rules against this or have we been violators all these years? :eek: In any case a BIG Thanks to all who make the trails great no matter how much or how little snow there is! (Also, we have fan cooled sleds which helps when conditions are marginal)
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

IDK about after the trail closes.
I remember someone saying as long as it was an unplowed road.
I also wonder about the "snowmobile routes".
:confused:
CHOPPER 3

Post by CHOPPER 3 »

There was a push a few years back to come out with a trail pass to be able to ride in the Nicolet National Forest . I asked at our last meeting if there had been any progress on that issue and there has been no movement on the topic at the state level . I believe it was mentioned that these are " seasonal " roads and it is up to the user to know where you can and can't be driving / riding in the system regardless of the season . Sure would be nice to be able to enjoy more of the Timber especially this time of year . Hate to get caught out there , I see the state boys in there white trucks w sleds quite often .