Trailers What Kind Do You Have

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
I Doo

Trailers What Kind Do You Have

Post by I Doo »

I asked this on the old site but had no response so I put it here. I want to buy an enclosed trailer but have no idea what kind. Any suggestions?
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

I can't help you out, because I only have an open trailer that fits 2 sleds. But I too am interested in enclosed trailers of the 2x and the 4x variety
I Doo

Post by I Doo »

I was thinking a 12' - 14' but not sure if a clam shell or full enclosed would be the way to go. Saw the Triton clam shells at the Ducks unlimited show in Oshkosh last year, not bad. Still not sure?
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

I had a clam shell installed on my trailer, and it does help some with keeping the snow/slush from the road off of them, but you still have to cover them if you want them clean. I'd like to get a fully enclosed trailer, so I wouldnt have to cover them, plus I think it they would stay cleaner too. Even the covers can get pretty nasty after a short trip. My trailer also tilts, which I've had problems with at times, due to heavy snow/ice. It's not a problem if you have somebody else with you, but if you are by yourself... it can make for a tricky load up. I'd like to find a nice enclosed with ramps maybe? I really dont use the trailer that often, but do use them once in while when I go ice fishing, or when I'm taking the sleds in for service.
I Doo

Post by I Doo »

I would use it all the time. It would help if we would get snow here. The trail is right out my front door.
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

I used to live on the 100 Miler myself, but just moved this past June. I'm still very close to the 100 Miler-- I just have to figure out what my best route will be to pick up the 100 Miler.
robertslakekidrev600ho

Post by robertslakekidrev600ho »

we have the 4 place R&R trailer. fully enclosed aluminum trailer. hauls super easy and we only have a 05 f-150. fully loaded the thing pulls like a dream. it is not as tall as most enclosed trailers so the wind doesnt really affect it.
2005 Ski-Doo REV adrenaline 600HO SDI...blingin'

2006 Ski-Doo REV 440x...for this race season!!!
I Doo

Post by I Doo »

Where did you get your 4 place from?
SKI-DOO 2005 GTX 600 HO
QUESTION? WHEN YOU TURN ON YOUR SNOWMOBILE, DOES IT RETURN THE FAVOR??
kuczala_21

Post by kuczala_21 »

Can't be of any use we dont own a trailer. We live right in Forest County so are family has never needed to trailer.
I Doo

Post by I Doo »

[QUOTE=kuczala_21;93]Can't be of any use we dont own a trailer. We live right in Forest County so are family has never needed to trailer.[/QUOTE]

Must be nice!!:(
SKI-DOO 2005 GTX 600 HO
QUESTION? WHEN YOU TURN ON YOUR SNOWMOBILE, DOES IT RETURN THE FAVOR??