New Message Board

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
I Doo

Post by I Doo »

Good thing it's back up. I almost had a little withdrawal going on there.:lol:
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

No kidding. That took a lot longer than I thought it was going to take. But everything appears to be back to normal now. :cool:
I Doo

Post by I Doo »

Jim, why the new site being the old one was only one year old? Don't get me wrong I like the new one better just for the browse function for our posts. It is so easy now to post pictures. I am sure there are more additions which I haven't found yet. As usually keep up the good work!!:thumbup: :thinksnow:
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

Last Fall of 2005 was when I first started as webmaster for the 100 Mile Snow Safari. It was at that time I implemented the first message board using the phpBB message board software. :D

Before that, there was no message board. It was just a simplified message system, used only by the trail groomers. There was no public access. :(

The message board from last year, was nice and the price was right. The phpBB software was free. However, we soon learned it had some limitations, like the ability to allow our members to upload pictures. This was something a lot of people asked about. :confused:

During the off-season, I started researching other software solutions, like the vBulletin software. There are some other message boards that I visit, which use the same software, and it seemed to be the industry leader. So I decided we'd give it a try! :cool:

Last year's message board became the old one when we switched the software from phpBB to vBulletin. :thumbup:
I Doo

Post by I Doo »

Thanks for switching. I like it!!:)
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

[quote=I Doo;64]Thanks for switching. I like it!!:)[/quote]No problem!
Jim
Site Admin

100 Mile Snow Safari History

Post by Jim »

I just completed adding the [URL="reports/showthread.php?t=25"]100 Mile Snow Safari History[/URL] thread in the welcome forum.
I Doo

Post by I Doo »

Just a quick bit of information. I guess a lot of boards are getting broke into. From what I am hearing it is the Invision Power Boards software that are getting hit. I hope yours isn't that brand!:( Stupid people out there!!
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

[quote=I Doo;69]Just a quick bit of information. I guess a lot of boards are getting broke into. From what I am hearing it is the Invision Power Boards software that are getting hit. I hope yours isn't that brand!:( Stupid people out there!![/quote]No. Our board uses the vBulletin software. But thanks for the heads up. :o

The bottom line is... every second of the day that you are on the Internet whether it's hosting or surfing the net, there is somebody or some 'bot' trying to break into anything and everything it can. :mad:

I try to run a pretty tight shop on our server. We have a firewall on the front end, and administrative IP address restrictions in place on the back end. And I also personally scrutinize each and every registration. :coolcat:
I Doo

Post by I Doo »

Sounds good to me!