Mid Week Meeting?

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
xltman

Mid Week Meeting?

Post by xltman »

I have posed this question to the LMT club several times and have never been answered, so I am going to ask the same question here; why the mid week club meetings? I live in Menasha and have a place on Trump Lake, I come up at a minimum of every other weekend, heck some people think that I live in Wabeno, but I can't justify driving 100 miles each way to attend a club meeting. The only reponse that I ever did get from the LMT was that I don't need to attend the meeting to be a member, well that in my mind is not being a member. I gladly donate to both clubs every year, but would really enjoy being able to attend meetings and help the club out. Why not have every other meeting on a Saturday or Sunday? I have spoken with a lot of other "weekenders" like myself who feel the same way, we put a lot of money into the local economy up there and but would also enjoy helping out. Thanks and Think Snow!!
snohawk

Post by snohawk »

[QUOTE=xltman;13534]I have posed this question to the LMT club several times and have never been answered, so I am going to ask the same question here; why the mid week club meetings? I live in Menasha and have a place on Trump Lake, I come up at a minimum of every other weekend, heck some people think that I live in Wabeno, but I can't justify driving 100 miles each way to attend a club meeting. The only reponse that I ever did get from the LMT was that I don't need to attend the meeting to be a member, well that in my mind is not being a member. I gladly donate to both clubs every year, but would really enjoy being able to attend meetings and help the club out. Why not have every other meeting on a Saturday or Sunday? I have spoken with a lot of other "weekenders" like myself who feel the same way, we put a lot of money into the local economy up there and but would also enjoy helping out. Thanks and Think Snow!![/QUOTE]

I think that all clubs are local. Most of the members are out grooming and other trail work are busy on the weekend so they would not be able to make the meeting if it was held on a weekend. Myself I am in a local club in Waukesha and many members that live within 5 miles don't come to the meetings but when we have an event and need help most show up and help out on the weekend. So the best thing that us weekenders can do is join both a local club which should keep you informed with the lastest news that concern us sledders and an riding area club. When the area riding club has an event on a weekend or needs help with the trails most work days are needed on the weekend.
:thinksnow::sledder::letitsnow:
Pat1

Post by Pat1 »

[QUOTE=xltman;13534]I have posed this question to the LMT club several times and have never been answered, so I am going to ask the same question here; why the mid week club meetings? I live in Menasha and have a place on Trump Lake, I come up at a minimum of every other weekend, heck some people think that I live in Wabeno, but I can't justify driving 100 miles each way to attend a club meeting. The only reponse that I ever did get...[/QUOTE]

I am in the same position and feel the same way. In fact, when I asked about attending a club meeting, I was left with the distinct impression if you are not a permanent northwoods resident you were not welcome at the club meeting.

I don't snowmobile at home so I really have no interest in joining a club in the Green Bay area.
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

[QUOTE=Pat1]In fact, when I asked about attending a club meeting, I was left with the distinct impression if you are not a permanent northwoods resident you were not welcome at the club meeting.[/QUOTE]I'd welcome you to any meeting! :) There's strength in numbers, and there's nothing wrong with getting more input from our users/members, no matter where they live. Especially, if you ride our trail system on a consistent basis. There is nothing wrong with listening to our riders/endusers on ways to make our experience more pleasurable, because they might want to come back. ;) I think this is extremely important for any non-riding sponsors/members, because if you don't ride-- You don't know. :thebomb:
Kevin

Meetings

Post by Kevin »

:)I will give my two cents worth on this topic..... xlt man has a good point ! most clubs cry for more ACTIVE members,and if you want any you need to have a weekend meeting now and again. For nearly 15 years I was a club presidant of a club by kelly lake Bagley brazeau Joyriders. My brother and I got active in the club cause the trails were shit (back in the 80s) they had no funding,no groomer and no members! Little local support! We had been in this area nearly every weekend for 20+ years as kids:) really did not know many locals so after talking to a bar owner one night decided to go to a club meeting. The club meeting was monthly on a Saturday at 10 Am !! Perfect!! We went, met a few new FRIENDS that all shared the same intrest SNOWMOBILEING nearly all of them were weekenders just like us and had the same goal....Improve the area trails! Nearly 30 years has gone by since that first meeting, some of the members have retiered and now live there and some still weekenders. The club today still holds its monthly meetings SATURDAY AM!! I to feel the same about being a member,if I am a member I want to be a part of the club in some way,shape or form not just pay $25 per year.On the other hand I know as meetings get bigger and more members share input and ideas those that have run clubs the same for many years dont always like the new blood. If nothing else it would be great to meet some of the members on this site! Seems to be a good bunch.... the only person I would know if I ran into him is Rodger cause he took me out last year for my 1st:tucker: ride GREAT GUY!:thumbup::winterrules::ineedsnow::taz::taz::taz:
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

[QUOTE=Kevin]xlt man has a good point ! most clubs cry for more ACTIVE members,and if you want any you need to have a weekend meeting now and again.[/QUOTE]Yes. The more I think about it, the more practical sense it makes. I like the Saturday morning idea too, because it would be perfect for those who come up Friday night. And if it's during the season, they could ride their sleds to the meetings. The 100 Miler meetings alternate between different sponsors. Wouldn't that be a great oppertunity for the sponsors to showcase their establishment? :beer:

[quote=Kevin]If nothing else it would be great to meet some of the members on this site! Seems to be a good bunch.... the only person I would know if I ran into him is Rodger cause he took me out last year for my 1st ride GREAT GUY![/quote]Another great idea, which I've already enterained a few times myself. Perhaps, this should be the year we bring that one to actuality. I will start a seperate thread about this topic (later) and we'll be able to discuss this further.

As far as Roger being a great guy, no further discussion is needed-- He is a great guy! :trophy:
Roger

Meetings

Post by Roger »

Most of the club members locally are bar owners that have to be open on weekend because thats when you snowmobilers are up here. We try to keep you informed on this website. If you ever have any questions we try to answer them here and we do are best to keep you informed on trail conditions. If anyone has any comments don't be afraid to ask. Roger
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

[QUOTE=Roger]Most of the club members locally are bar owners that have to be open on weekend because thats when you snowmobilers are up here.[/QUOTE]Thanks for mentioning that. I thought about that afterwards, and I was going to mention it, but got sidetracked. :shrug:
snohawk

Post by snohawk »

Some more thoughts,
Weekend meetings sound like it would be a great ideal but, if the local club meets at different location during the season that business would need to be open for the club to have the meeting and be able to to provide a private area so that the clubs business could be handled properly. That would mean that the business may have to turn away other snowmobilers that would want to purchase drinks & food. It's a lot easier to have access to a business during the week when their business is slower. I know that it could work very well for some clubs that meet at the same location and have a separate room.

Maybe the best thing would be is to have weekend social rides every weekend. Pick one business and all members could meet at the location, have a short get to know each other and then go for a ride. Now this sounds fun, we only need one thing..... _ _ _ _ :lol:
thinksnow

Post by thinksnow »

About 8 years ago Tombstone-Pickerel was talking about declining memberships, so I suggested to them to hold a meeting on the weekend for out of town members and possibly getting new people interested in the club. They listened and to this day they hold a meeting before the Chili Ride-in on sat. In fact that is this sat. Jan. 14th. at their club house. They must get a good turnout otherwise they wouldn't continue doing it. Yes I do agree with the locals being busier on the weekends and the other reasons why they are held during the week.