snowmobile stickers to increase

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
eschmitz

snowmobile stickers to increase

Post by eschmitz »

Geez, what else are they going to raise on us.
POSTED: 2:00 pm CST February 28, 2008
MADISON, Wis. -- The price to ride a snowmobile on trails in Wisconsin would nearly double under a bill passed by the state Senate.The measure passed Thursday would increase the sticker fee from $18 to $35 starting July 1.Over the past two years an average of nearly 32,000 such stickers have been sold annually. The increase in cost would generate an extra $500,000 for the state.The bill must pass the Assembly and be signed by the governor before taking effect.Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not
Johnnie

Post by Johnnie »

I assume this is for NON-RESIDENT stickers. I hear the stickers in MI are scheduled to increase to about $40 next year.
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

[quote=Johnnie;8050]I assume this is for NON-RESIDENT stickers. I hear the stickers in MI are scheduled to increase to about $40 next year.[/quote]You are correct. See below:[quote]

MADISON— [B]Out-of-state residents[/B] would have to pay nearly double to ride a snowmobile on Wisconsin trails under a bill passed by the state Senate.
The measure passed Thursday [B]would increase the out-of-state trail sticker fee from $18 to $35 [/B]starting July 1.

Over the past two years an average of nearly 32,000 such stickers have been sold annually. The increase in cost would generate an extra half million dollars for the state.

The bill must pass the Assembly and be signed by the governor before taking effect. [/quote]Does that mean more club funding? :p
snoway

Post by snoway »

It better mean more club funding!!!!!!!!!!!
Who voted for that snake anyhow??????????
eschmitz

Post by eschmitz »

Yeah, it is for non-residents. It wasn't stated in that blurb and I forgot how much I pay. It's only a matter of time before the snake raises resident registration just like our vehicle registration and hunting/fishing license.
Johnnie

Post by Johnnie »

First off, I think we are going up because the surrounding states, like Michigan are going up. On another point, I assume there will be much talk about registration fees this spring, after all the grooming costs for the ENTIRE state are added up. I am guessing, clubs will be getting no more then 50 cents on a dollar for supplemental grooming. This is because there was snow, state wide, almost all winter. SOmeone is going to have to pay, especially, with fuel costs at what they are!!!!! It will be either pay up, or less grooming????? THose groomers don't run on water.
snohawk

Post by snohawk »

Most of the registration fees collected by the DNR goes to administration fees, very little money comes back to the snowmobile trail fund from registration. If the dNR raises are reg fees, they will just add more admin fees. All of the trail funding comes from the gas tax multiplier. We need to get the gallons used per sled per year from 50 to something higher
unlocal

New Taxes (I mean FEES)

Post by unlocal »

Too bad there isn't a way to get that money [U]directly[/U] to the clubs. whenever money is filtered through a politician's dirty, sticky hands, there ain't a heckuva lot left. :sick: When does this insane tax (fee) raising stop?? :confused: Let's start by voting [U]VERY[/U] carefully at all levels. I'm mad as hell and I ain't gonna take this anymore! :eek: On the lighter side :thumbup: to all who helped make this a fantastic winter upnort! (No thanks to the taxocrats in Madison)
Kevin

Registration fees

Post by Kevin »

Face it $15.00 per year is dirt cheap to register a sled.It should be more and even higher for non-club members!! The AWSC has work to do and needs to get more money to the clubs for grooming costs etc.............
snorunr

Post by snorunr »

[QUOTE=Kevin;8085]Face it $15.00 per year is dirt cheap to register a sled.It should be more and even higher for non-club members!! The AWSC has work to do and needs to get more money to the clubs for grooming costs etc.............[/QUOTE]

AMEN to that!!

[B]No Clubs = No Trails.[/B] I am a groomer operator and am amazed at the folks out there on the trails that think the counties and/or the state maintain and groom the trails that they ride. This is an epidemic! If our clubs and the AWSC cannot come up with a way to get these people educated and stress the importance of being a member of a club we are in deep trouble.

Membership in down in most clubs but yet there seems to be no shortage of sleds out there on the trails.

Just my 2 cents.