Looking for info around Crandon

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
Harski

Looking for info around Crandon

Post by Harski »

Hey everyone, looking for some suggestions for our visit this coming weekend regarding a spot for my kids to downhill sled and also another location for them to bomb around on their 120. Thanks in advance and looking forward to visiting your area once again!

Harski
jakerides

Post by jakerides »

There is a small sledding hill on the East side of town across from the Fair grounds. Has a light on for night sledding. Not sure where you could use a small snowmobile other then the Lake. Not sure if a trail pass is needed on lake but for sure would be needed on the Trails.
Harski

Post by Harski »

Thanks Jake! Yea, the lake is the only thing I thought of too re riding the 120 and momma isn't to keen on that idea in an area we don't know which I can understand. As for the sledding hill, do you know if there is enough room to park the truck and trailer too?

Thanks again,

Harski
Pat1

Post by Pat1 »

The only place you can legally ride a 120 is on private property however in reality a lake would also be a great place to ride. To ride on a trail, you need a trail pass as well as a legal operator (age 12 or older and have passed snowmobile safety class).

With all of that being said, my kids spent countless hours on their 120's racing around the lake while the adults were ice fishing and talking. It was a blast and I wish we could go back and get a few more of those good times back!
Attachments
Picture 093.jpg
Picture 093.jpg (51.7 KiB) Viewed 2906 times
jakerides

Post by jakerides »

Limited parking there. BuT you could park on side of road.
Harski

Post by Harski »

Thanks again for the info guys! Yea Pat1, just trying to make memories with the kids as you can't get this time back!

Have a good weekend everyone and keep doing the snow dance! :ineedsnow:

Harski