Next Winter Storm!

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
MachineGuns24

Next Winter Storm!

Post by MachineGuns24 »

This next weather maker is looking very promising! I hope we don't lose too much snow this weekend due to the warm temps. But luckily this will help. I got this from weather.com
[ATTACH]5366[/ATTACH]
Attachments
DCT_SPECIAL17_1280x720.jpg
DCT_SPECIAL17_1280x720.jpg (117.67 KiB) Viewed 2205 times
Skip28

Post by Skip28 »

Well ... s**t - we just jinxed this one by talking about it! (JK!)

Seriously, I hope it works out somewhere along these lines. I know conditions are currently thin. We rode out of Crandon for the whole of NY's weekend. The riding was really fun (and bone crushingly cold!), but everyone in my group, without exception, completely trashed their carbides, and had to install new replacements. I've not been back to Forest Co since then, but I remain under the impression from reports here (as well as Red Arrow, Paul Bunyan, Iron Snowshoe, RJB, etc.) that current conditions are relatively similar to what we saw over NY's - rideable, but thin. I fully expect the trails to be completely trashed with the 4-5 warm days and weekend traffic. I think getting at least 5-6" out of this storm will likely be essential to get the trails rideable again. More than that should hopefully result in better, and if that quickly following system later next week happens, that would be a bonus!

Me and my posse plan to head up next weekend (25th-28th). We'll be closely watching the snow totals and grooming reports from this weekend in order to make our go / no-go decision. (I simply can't afford to replace the carbides on both my sleds 2x in a season, particularly since I run dual keel Tuners!)
unlocal

Snow? What's that??

Post by unlocal »

Down here in New Berlin, we get a little snow and then it's gone.... There is not much activity by the New Berlin Suburban Sno-Hawks - so far, but ya never know! We'll be heading up to our Townsend retreat on Reservoir Pond so if nothing else we can ride on the lakes and on fire lanes and forest roads. Bring on the big storm! :cheers: :whitecrayon:
snohawk

Post by snohawk »

[QUOTE=unlocal;23645]Down here in New Berlin, we get a little snow and then it's gone.... There is not much activity by the New Berlin Suburban Sno-Hawks - so far, but ya never know! :cheers: :whitecrayon:[/QUOTE]

You will not be seeing much activity in New Berlin because the Sno-Hawks have moved the race to Big Bend Village Park. All of the property was sold around the VFW which eliminated the drag track and all parking. We tried to reach out to the city of New Berlin for another area to use but did not get any help. The Village of Big Bend was looking for away to bring snowmobile racing back. So currently we are trying very hard to make an Ice Oval track this year, which will bring a higher level of competition to the race. Unfortunately mother nature sure has not helped in the ice making area either. We will be starting to build the track for the 3rd time as soon as the rain stops. :frown: