via the Snow Safari Contact Us form

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
Jim
Site Admin

via the Snow Safari Contact Us form

Post by Jim »

[quote=Scott]I have a complaint and info for your club. I was riding this weekend and forest county posted all trails open. I rode the 100 miler from lmt 8 south toward wabeno to find the trail was closed. I understand that this was private property but if the club knew about it the connecting intersections should be closed. putting something on a website doesnt get to everybody and an effort could of easily been made to close the trail on both ends. I also want to state that I have been riding in this area over 30 years and the LMT used to have the best trails around but with membership changes and equipment concerns and changes I have heard many bad statements and coments around the area bars over 30 miles away and from people in southern wisconsin that have been in the area about LMT and have witnessed it myself over the past few years with the trail conditions. One trail is 7 north by Laona at stark settlement road north. Im aware of the problem there but it doesnt help not grooming that section. your getting very much negitive feedback from the issue. I understand its a lot of work and dedication and its unfortunate the club has been on a downward trend. I used to depend on riding on the best trails around but no longer can. these are issues you may be aware of but either way I hope the LMT can again become the best!!! I would like to say Thank you for having trails to ride on and I hope all things considered a vast improvement is in the future.[/quote]He brought up a good point about SS6 south of INT 30, and I'd thought about that myself.... that there might be people who wouldn't see the CLOSING NOTICE for SS6 south INT 30. Next time, we'll have to go out there and post some temporary CLOSED TRAIL signs. Although, this was something new, and hopefully won't happen again. As to the LMT issues you discussed, I cannot comment on. Thank you, for riding the 100 Miler!
Red Baron

dirty laundry

Post by Red Baron »

[QUOTE=Jim;23399]He brought up a good point about SS6 south of INT 30, and I'd thought about that myself.... that there might be people who wouldn't see the CLOSING NOTICE for SS6 south INT 30. Next time, we'll have to go out there and post some temporary CLOSED TRAIL signs. Although, this was something new, and hopefully won't happen again. As to the LMT issues you discussed, I cannot comment on. Thank you, for riding the 100 Miler![/QUOTE]

I hope the dude who complained can let us all know how much time he spends helping any snowmobile clubs with brushing, signing, grooming, etc. Riding the same trail for 30 years makes you an expert at nothing. I'm certain he went back and put a sign up to let the next guy know the trail was closed. If he knows the area that well, he should know there would be sugarin' operations well under way in that area this time of year. As for dissin' on the LMT, or any club, that will only make any perceived issues worse. Time to step up "Scott" and let us all know what you are doing to help out, because riding on questionable trails, late in the season, and griping about them, makes you a turd. That 1 un-groomed mile of LMT 7 is how the entire County would look if it weren't for the efforts of the clubs in Forest County, 100 miler and the rest of them. Keep that in perspective when every trail you ride isn't tabletop smooth. You and all the other "complainers" as you describe in Southern WI can watch for events upcoming where you can help improve the trails in Forest Co. Hope to see you all there.
ralphie

My thoughts exactly

Post by ralphie »

Very well stated Barron, I am always impressed how they complain about other clubs to the 100 miler. We have no control over this, please, if your going to bitch, make sure you are bitching to the correct people. Hope to see you out working on the trails this summer Scott.
ghostrider

REALLY!!

Post by ghostrider »

What I find interesting is he knows how to give the complaint but doesn't now how to read! All the reasons have been dealt with here and on the lmt site. In my opinion, the lmt has been doing wonders these last few years with the new equipment, making all the trails nice!

Lets just say the lmt groomed the section south of Laona, was he going to come and pull it out when it got buried? fixed whatever might have been wrecked getting it out? I think not!!! As I have heard from a well respected groomer driver, who's in the area: "ITS NOT GOOD BUSINESS WHEN THEY ARE BURIED!"

One last thing: Thank you to all the groomer drivers for what you do!! Giving us the best trails to ride on every year, even when the conditions are not perfect!!!
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

[QUOTE=Jim;23399]He brought up a good point about SS6 south of INT 30, and I'd thought about that myself.... that there might be people who wouldn't see the CLOSING NOTICE for SS6 south INT 30. Next time, we'll have to go out there and post some temporary CLOSED TRAIL signs. Although, this was something new, and hopefully won't happen again. As to the LMT issues you discussed, I cannot comment on. Thank you, for riding the 100 Miler![/QUOTE]
Yes he has a good point about marking the trail as closed from all sides. As far as the LMT club trails go I personally think he is way off track. If you read this site you know the LMT club is well aware of this short section of trail and has been working on alternate route. As far as overall trail conditions (grooming) goes ?? He is nuts:lol::lol: We have also been riding the area for 30 plus years and have never seen there trails nicer:thumbup: A big effort in grooming especially on weekends. Keep up the good work and THANK YOU all for a great season.:thumbup::thumbup:
CHOPPER 3

Post by CHOPPER 3 »

:thumbup: :thumbup: to the LMT trails and their drivers , keep up the good work guys !
jakerides

Post by jakerides »

Thank you guys for the kind words.

We are walking the area near the infamous swamp this Thursday. We are 100% committed to having a solution before next season. We are also planning a re-route on the other swamp on the south end of #7 just one more land owner to contact and that will be a done deal..
tsg

Post by tsg »

Personally I think that the "Scott" who posted that is full of sh..., confused, or maybe only occasionally rides this area on Saturdays when it's warm, with 100's of sleds. I think LMT has done a great job "revitalizng the club, their trails, and their equipment" over the past several years. The 100 Miler with Johnnie and the boys has always been top notch, and now all the trails and clubs in the riding vicinity (100, LMT, Red Arrow, Paul Bunyan, Blue OX).. have followed their lead, and all trails, clubs, and their efforts are excellent in all aspects.

As for the problem areas on LMT 7, if he has been riding this area for years as he claims, he should know that this area has always been a difficult and junk area, due to topography.

I have been riding the area as well for 30 years, and have first hand experience with the area, etc.... I really think over the past several years all of these clubs have stepped up their efforts, and should be commended (not criticized) for this, despite financial and manpower deficiencies. Great job guys!
R/L GROOMER

Post by R/L GROOMER »

Why post this on a public form, we have this also and is directed to the club and brought to meeting for direction and improvement, some emails are just people not up to speed with trails in our area. some are helpful, some not.
To be brought here can be a black eye.
I hear the good, bad and ugly and take all and work for a better out come.
Just my thought,
Howie
snoway

Post by snoway »

Scott did complain but I think he went the proper route by using the contact us form. Too bad he is now being called names on an open forum. The past 2 seasons of poor weather conditions also add to the minor frustration.
Most on here know that I have "complained" about the Laona section of LMT 7. My complaint stemmed from the fact all the years before the NST opened parallel to LMT 7, that section was groomed every year. In fact it was groomed up until 3 or 4 seasons ago along with the spur trail to the double buck and shell station.
I now realize how great we had it!!..LOL.
That being said, I do understand not taking the new tractor dragged equipment through there.
So it's great to hear that a solution is being worked on.
Just going to throw this out there, but if a good Samaritan was to purchase a utility sled and mini drag, would it's use be allowe'd on that section of trail?

On a side note, I think the LMT guys have a tougher row to hoe when it comes to grooming along side of the 100 miler.
I rode this area for years kind of thinking of it as just one big trail maintenance job without paying much attention to the terrain each club has to work with.
The 100 miler gets alot of the well deserved glory due to Johnnies familys history and also this great website but most of mine and others favorite trails are LMT sweet!!

Thanks again to all who make it great...even that red baron guy.:biggrin: