Post by Kevin »

Wabeno and Red arrow ?:tucker::tucker:
CHOPPER 3

Post by CHOPPER 3 »

Armstrong Creek and Wabeno
76masseyman

Just Curious

Post by 76masseyman »

What is the reasoning for two tuckers and a Fendt? I'm asking because I have no idea what goes into the decision making for snowmobile clubs. Does it have anything to do with the specific areas and/or terrain that these machines operate in? Is the 100 Miler something new with the Fendt? Or are there other reasons?
snohawk

Post by snohawk »

I just want to know which groomer won! Whenever you line 2 of anything up it becomes a race :biggrin:
CHOPPER 3

Post by CHOPPER 3 »

Stop light to stop light , I think the older Wabeno rig would take your lunch money .... but the Armstrong unit smokes it on the 4 lane at 18 mph . No chick to flag , so no race :(
snoway

Post by snoway »

The Tucker's displace there weight at a small fraction of what a tractor does....the tractors are beasts compared to the tuckers, piston bullies.This makes them better suited to groom the swamps and marsh areas.
I think the tractors win in the speed, maintenance and fuel mileage contest. ...I believe a tractor has a lower initial cost as well.
Curly

Tractor vs Tucker

Post by Curly »

[QUOTE=snoway;23222]The Tucker's displace there weight at a small fraction of what a tractor does....the tractors are beasts compared to the tuckers, piston bullies.This makes them better suited to groom the swamps and marsh areas.
I think the tractors win in the speed, maintenance and fuel mileage contest. ...I believe a tractor has a lower initial cost as well.[/QUOTE]
Most of the above is accurate:
Weight distribution is one major advantage of a Tucker.
Tuckers are easier to drive and maneuver through tight areas.
Initial tractor cost is approximately 40% less and they depreciate at a slower rate.
However they are limited on what trails they can groom.
One big reason we have the Fendt is to perform our brush cutting operation during the off season.