Groomer encounter - SS1

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
Skip28

Groomer encounter - SS1

Post by Skip28 »

Quick comment ...
Me and my posse were running SB on SS1/SS6 Wednesday night, and we encountered the groomer, running NB, roughly 1/2 way down to Wabeno. We met up at a particularly inconvenient and narrow spot in the twisties, and we somewhat buried ourselves getting off trail in a small side clearing to allow the groomer to pass. (Despite the recent weather, it's pretty amazing how deep the snow remains just off trail!) Anyway, I didn't get a chance to chat with the driver, as I was working to get the sleds back on trail, but I just wanted to re-assure that everything is good. I hope the driver didn't think there were any bad feelings or finger pointing on our part at any time - quite the contrary, as we totally appreciate all of the grooming efforts and all of the challenges of doing that important work!

On a side note - given the somewhat thin and hard conditions, my Nytro (which was being ridden by one of my buds) was running a bit hot anyway, so the "off trail" soft stuff gave a good chance to get some good cooling on the exchanger! (And it didn't hurt to start burning some of the calories from the Italian Combos Jerry had just made for us at the Green Shack - always declicious!!)

Thanks again groomer drivers for keep the 100 miler one of the best maintained systems in WI!!

(Edit: this was Wednesday 25th, not Sunday, as I initially wrote)
Curly

Its all Good

Post by Curly »

[QUOTE=Skip28;23120]Quick comment ...
Me and my posse were running SB on SS1/SS6 Wednesday night, and we encountered the groomer, running NB, roughly 1/2 way down to Wabeno. We met up at a particularly inconvenient and narrow spot in the twisties, and we somewhat buried ourselves getting off trail in a small side clearing to allow the groomer to pass. (Despite the recent weather, it's pretty amazing how deep the snow remains just off trail!) Anyway, I didn't get a chance to chat with the driver, as I was working to get the sleds back on trail, but I just wanted to re-assure that everything is good. I hope the driver didn't think there were any bad feelings or finger pointing on our part at any time - quite the contrary, as we totally appreciate all of the grooming efforts and all of the challenges of doing that important work!

On a side note - given the somewhat thin and hard conditions, my Nytro (which was being ridden by one of my buds) was running a bit hot anyway, so the "off trail" soft stuff gave a good chance to get some good cooling on the exchanger! (And it didn't hurt to start burning some of the calories from the Italian Combos Jerry had just made for us at the Green Shack - always declicious!!)

Thanks again groomer drivers for keep the 100 miler one of the best maintained systems in WI!!

(Edit: this was Wednesday 25th, not Sunday, as I initially wrote)[/QUOTE]

Wednesday The "Ribbon Master & Video Producer" Jim was grooming SS6.
Pretty sure he did not have an issue with your encounter because nothing was said about it!
Thanks to you and your Posse for diving into the pickers!
40' of groomer and drag cannot go off trail or back up for miles, you guys are obviously aware, we wish every one was!
snoway

Post by snoway »

Keep Jim on the trail, please!
stopping for select shots and videos takes up all the free time allowed!
Skip28

Post by Skip28 »

It was hard to see against the bright groomer lights, but one of my posse was pretty sure it was Jim. To his credit, he did get out to chat, but my bud cut him loose to continue. By the time I got done getting my 2 sleds back on trail, Jim was already rolling NB again. Maybe next time!
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

[QUOTE=Skip28]We met up at a particularly inconvenient and narrow spot in the twisties, and we somewhat buried ourselves getting off trail in a small side clearing to allow the groomer to pass. [/QUOTE]Sorry about that, Skip! :frown: Yes, that was a bad spot. I could see lights coming through the woods, and I was hoping you guys could find a better spot, than what I was seeing. :mad: I stopped at the only place I could find. It might not of been so bad, but the fact that you had to stop, made it worse. I wanted to get out and help, but I wasn't dressed for it. I had on my short boots, because my long boots are still trying to be cleaned from that 'little incident' with the swamp a couple of weeks ago. Talk about the stink! I knew there where three of you guys, and that you were dressed for it. I did wait, to make sure you guys got unstuck though, because I would of jumped out short boots and all, if I had to! I wasn't about to leave until I made sure you guys got out. Sorry, about the delay in responding, but I was a little under the weather yesterday. :sick: Thank you for understanding, Skip. As you already know, I bust my ass off for our riders in everything I do, to provide you guys with the best riding experience possible. So, that was the last thing I wanted to see!

:winterrules: