5 - 10 Day Forecast

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat

5 - 10 Day Forecast

Post by 97911 »

The 5-10 day forecast makes me feel ill after having such a good snowfall, I so hope the weather forecasters are wrong. The southern counties will shut down their trails for a few days when adverse weather moves through, but I realize this is not an option for Forest county. I think riders should exercise restraint in riding if these well above temps do arrive. If we don't kill what we have now when it refreezes we should have a very thick strong base which will pay dividends as the season moves on. I'm going to still come up and ride, but if the temps exceed 35 I'll still be patronizing my favorite pits stops by riding in my vehicle. Please consider doing the same and preserving not punishing the trails. If you agree help spread the word!
kevinj

Post by kevinj »

I am scheduled to bring my dad up to Northern Oconto/Southern Forest on Wednesday 1/18 to ride for a couple of days. I am not sure how many more rides my dad will be up for (or around for) and this has been planned for a while. I agree riding on mashed potatoes is no fun and you get too sweaty anyways riding when its that warm. My plan will be to ride until it gets warm, take a long/late lunch and head back out as the sun starts to go down and it cools off. Right now I am still planning on coming up. Due to work and other obligations, rescheduling is not a big option. For my dad's sake, I hope it cools off enough for the groomers to get out at night.