got in my first ride of the season

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
Pat

Home Sick !

Post by Pat »

Great Photos....kinda makes the ol' body homesick for the snow country...Have a great year in 2017 ! Pat
Pat1

Post by Pat1 »

[QUOTE=Skip28;22756]Echoing the original post, I also got in my first riding of the season (other than a 70 mile "starter" ride in Waukesha/Racine Co. before the Christmas melt-down.)

Put 471 on my Nytro and the first 301 break-in miles on the new Viper. Stayed at the BW in Crandon, and put almost all the miles in on 100 Mile and LMT trails. Conditions VASTLY exceeded our expectations - big thanks to all the groomers for the hard work put in last week. The efforts surely paid off!! Honestly, probably my best holiday week riding since a Mercer/Hurley trip in '11![/QUOTE]

I completely agree. The conditions vastly exceeded my expectations as well. :thumbup:
Skip28

Post by Skip28 »

BTW - I got this beauty sunset shot (with the wife) just west of Laona, on the Connor Farm Rd. bridge on Sunday night...
[ATTACH]5238[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Laona Sunset.jpg
Laona Sunset.jpg (74.48 KiB) Viewed 3035 times
Jim
Site Admin

I go this way.

Post by Jim »

Awesome pic, Skip! :thebomb:

:winterrules:
snoway

Post by snoway »

Awesome pic....I got a similar red spire pic a week ago except it was sunrise at work...I like yours better.
zecow224

Post by zecow224 »

[QUOTE=Skip28;22800]BTW - I got this beauty sunset shot (with the wife) just west of Laona, on the Connor Farm Rd. bridge on Sunday night...
[ATTACH]5238[/ATTACH][/QUOTE] I have to laugh, me and my buddy rode past right after you took the photo. MXZ X and an F1000.
Skip28

Post by Skip28 »

[QUOTE=zecow224;22810]I have to laugh, me and my buddy rode past right after you took the photo. MXZ X and an F1000.[/QUOTE]

I do remember waiting for two guys to ride through, heading west, and we followed right behind. Maybe that was you guys? The guys we followed soon turned south on SS#3 (by the mini-storage warehouse type place on 8 at W. Silver Lake Rd.) and we continued west past Johnnies and back to Crandon.

(Sorry to CRZ - didn't mean to hi-jack your original post - only to add to it regarding the awesome trails last weekend!)
zecow224

Post by zecow224 »

[QUOTE=Skip28;22812]I do remember waiting for two guys to ride through, heading west, and we followed right behind. Maybe that was you guys? The guys we followed soon turned south on SS#3 (by the mini-storage warehouse type place on 8 at W. Silver Lake Rd.) and we continued west past Johnnies and back to Crandon.

(Sorry to CRZ - didn't mean to hi-jack your original post - only to add to it regarding the awesome trails last weekend!)[/QUOTE] Ya that would have been us, followed the groomer. Ended up with just over 300 miles on the day.