This Weekend

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
Jim
Site Admin

This Weekend

Post by Jim »

[quote=via Contact Us]The wife and I would like to come up to your area this weekend. I need some advice and a question answered couple if you would be so kind. I know she would prefer a hot tub and Best Western is it in Crandon, so my question is, to whom is grooming that area. If that doesn't pan out for us, would you have any recommendations for hotels within the 100 miler trail system (doesn't have to have hot tub be clean and orderly)?

Thank you for your time and again, we're looking forward to riding your trail system![/quote]I am reposting your question here, as I am NOT privy to the current conditions. Your best bet, is to stay abreast of the posts here, or even ask your question here. You can bet, if you've asked, someone else is thinking it! Posting your questions here, and allowing us to answer them here, allows everyone the opportunity to see it-- and it saves us time! Thank-you.

:thinksnow:
Harski

Post by Harski »

[QUOTE=Jim;22255]I am reposting your question here, as I am NOT privy to the current conditions. Your best bet, is to stay abreast of the posts here, or even ask your question here. You can bet, if you've asked, someone else is thinking it! Posting your questions here, and allowing us to answer them here, allows everyone the opportunity to see it-- and it saves us time! Thank-you.

:thinksnow:[/QUOTE]

This is my question, and the AC Parking thread too as I didn't think the first one went through plus a change of thought, that I had PM'd to Jim directly so thank for moving it here to this forum.

Wife and I are heading up for our first ride of the year so my question was/is, what club grooms the trail outside of the Best Western in Crandon. The hotel is uncertain...........

Thanks for any help one could provide.

Harski
Red Baron

Post by Red Baron »

[QUOTE=Harski;22256]This is my question, and the AC Parking thread too as I didn't think the first one went through plus a change of thought, that I had PM'd to Jim directly so thank for moving it here to this forum.

Wife and I are heading up for our first ride of the year so my question was/is, what club grooms the trail outside of the Best Western in Crandon. The hotel is uncertain...........

Thanks for any help one could provide.

Harski[/QUOTE]

The BlackBear club grooms east and west thru Crandon, then North to Argonne and Hiles. The LMT club grooms the RR Grade (WRST) directly out of the Best Western to the South. Both these clubs do a good job grooming like the 100 miler. The 100 miler groomer grooms from about 2 miles East of Crandon by the Argonne intersection then mainly eastward from there. Lok on a Forest County map, it will show the different clubs in different colors I think.

Its sad the hotel doesn't even know who grooms trails in the area.
Harski

Post by Harski »

[QUOTE=Red Baron;22257]The BlackBear club grooms east and west thru Crandon, then North to Argonne and Hiles. The LMT club grooms the RR Grade (WRST) directly out of the Best Western to the South. Both these clubs do a good job grooming like the 100 miler. The 100 miler groomer grooms from about 2 miles East of Crandon by the Argonne intersection then mainly eastward from there. Lok on a Forest County map, it will show the different clubs in different colors I think.

Its sad the hotel doesn't even know who grooms trails in the area.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Red Baron for the information. I have an older map so I wanted to ask in case things changed and from what you described I don't think they have.

Yea, sometimes I wonder if it's business's that are uninformed or just the employee's like of drive???? Hard question to answer these days!? :eek:
jakerides

Post by jakerides »

The LMT grooms south from Crandon to the Roberts Lake and Wabeno areas. Trails were groomed in the last two days and are in good condition. Warm temps could change them fast as like all this season the base is thin.

We have supplied the Best Western with maps through out the season. The Marathon gas station also has maps.
jakerides

This week ends weather

Post by jakerides »

The weather forecast doesn't look good for this week end.
44 Saturday with sunshine and 34 Sunday. I wouldn't plan any long rides as the trails have a thin base and these temps with sunshine could open up big bare spots in a hurry.:mad: