100 Miler Connection to Marinette County

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
tsg

100 Miler Connection to Marinette County

Post by tsg »

There is an intersection where the Marinette County trails connect with the 100 Miler northeast of Wabeno, correct? Basically due east of where LMT 8 branches off the NST going east? Since the NST opened and Christmas Tree closed, I very seldom ever ride the east portion anymore. I know you can connect via ACreek, but just confirming this can be done to the south as well. Confirmation would be appreciated.

Also, this past Holiday weekend was one of the busiest I have ridden in years. The groomers did as well as could be expected due to volume, temps, and snow conditions. And, as Johnnie always mentions, these guys have lives too! Great job as always to the drivers who are underappreciated!
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

You'd take the LMT 8 --> East @ Intersection-29B on the NST to Intersection-30 on the 100 Mile Snow Safari ---> East/North to Armstrong Creek/Intersection-36 --> East (To Marinette Trails)
Attachments
map.jpg
map.jpg (46.22 KiB) Viewed 3005 times
CRZ

Post by CRZ »

yes,there is an intersection that gives you access to marinette county about a mile east of where the old christmas tree inn was. where you would turn north to armstrong you would continue straight on benson lake road
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

[QUOTE=CRZ]yes,there is an intersection that gives you access to marinette county about a mile east of where the old christmas tree inn was. where you would turn north to armstrong you would continue straight on benson lake road[/QUOTE]Is there a State Route that goes through there?
CRZ

Post by CRZ »

[QUOTE=Jim;20774]Is there a State Route that goes through there?[/QUOTE]

Not sure on that,I don't pay attention to trail markers much:lol:
Skip28

Post by Skip28 »

To clarify what everyone else is saying, I made this somewhat sloppy attempt to align the maps of Forest Co. and Marinette Co to answer your question. Yes, this is State Trail #16, and as CRZ correctly mentioned, it follows Benson Lake Rd towards Goodman Park. The 100 miler portion just east of Blackwell is one of my all time favorite sections of trail (and I think Jim featured it in one of his videos a few years back.) I've made this connection into Mar. Co. a few times, and personally prefer it to the trail between AC and Goodman.

[ATTACH]4619[/ATTACH]
Attachments
connection map.jpg
connection map.jpg (56.28 KiB) Viewed 3005 times
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

Yes. It's State Corridor 16 out of Wabeno (see first map) and it overlaps with the 100 Miler until South of Armstrong Creek (Benson Lake Rd) where the 100 Miler heads North and the State Corridor 16 continues East (see map below).
Attachments
map.jpg
map.jpg (7 KiB) Viewed 3005 times
Skip28

Post by Skip28 »

(I'll admit that I am a total map geek. I have a map case on my tank bag, and always have a map of what I am riding open in front of me.)
Jim
Site Admin

Bi-County Map

Post by Jim »

[QUOTE=Skip28]To clarify what everyone else is saying, I made this somewhat sloppy attempt to align the maps of Forest Co. and Marinette Co to answer your question. Yes, this is State Trail #16, and as CRZ correctly mentioned, it follows Benson Lake Rd towards Goodman Park. The 100 miler portion just east of Blackwell is one of my all time favorite sections of trail (and I think Jim featured it in one of his videos a few years back.) I've made this connection into Mar. Co. a few times, and personally prefer it to the trail between AC and Goodman.

[ATTACH]4619[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]I like! :thumbup:
ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

Is there signage at that intersection detailing that? I don't remember seeing directional info at that intersection.:confused: