100 Miler Connection to Marinette County

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
CRZ

Post by CRZ »

[QUOTE=ghostrider;20782]Is there signage at that intersection detailing that? I don't remember seeing directional info at that intersection.:confused:[/QUOTE]

yes there is
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

[QUOTE=CRZ]yes there is[/QUOTE]I thought you didn't pay attention to trail markers much! :wink:
Thanks for helping, Paul! :thumbup:
CRZ

Post by CRZ »

[QUOTE=Jim;20786]I thought you didn't pay attention to trail markers much! :wink:
Thanks for helping, Paul! :thumbup:[/QUOTE]

I happened to spot that last trip while I was stopped for a smoke:rolleyes:
Pat1

Post by Pat1 »

[QUOTE=ghostrider;20782]Is there signage at that intersection detailing that? I don't remember seeing directional info at that intersection.:confused:[/QUOTE]

Coming from Armstrong Creek...when you intersect with the road there is a sign on the other side of the road that says turn left to the Marinette trails and turn right for the 100 Miler. The sign really isn't noticeable when coming from Wabeno.
kevinj

Post by kevinj »

I had this same issue back in March of 2012 after the major snowstorm. There is signage, just not obvious when coming from Wabeno as you stated. I searched the forum for the thread...

[url]http://www.snowsafari.com/showthread.ph ... ursday-3-1[/url]
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

[QUOTE=kevinj]I had this same issue back in March of 2012 after the major snowstorm. There is signage, just not obvious when coming from Wabeno as you stated. I searched the forum for the thread...

[url]http://www.snowsafari.com/showthread.ph ... ursday-3-1[/url][/QUOTE]
I remember this now. Unfortunately, I don't think it may of got resolved back then. Sorry. More importantly, is there enough signage there now? It sounds like it could still use some additional signage. If so, perhaps we can get the word out to the proper personnel.
Chainlake

Post by Chainlake »

Is state 16/Benson Lake road east groomed rideable trail? or is it 10 miles of road/blacktop/ditch all the way to Goodman park?
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

[QUOTE=Chainlake;20798]Is state 16/Benson Lake road east groomed rideable trail? or is it 10 miles of road/blacktop/ditch all the way to Goodman park?[/QUOTE]It's a gravel road (or was), and I believe it's plowed every year. But I think it's rideable. :shrug:
panek75

Post by panek75 »

[QUOTE=Chainlake;20798]Is state 16/Benson Lake road east groomed rideable trail? or is it 10 miles of road/blacktop/ditch all the way to Goodman park?[/QUOTE]

It's a gravel road and very rideable during the winter season.
kevinj

Post by kevinj »

I don't think it is anywhere near 10 miles. It might be 5 but I get it...5 miles of plowed road mine as well be 10 right!!!. You might have to find loose snow or hit the banks every 100 yards or so, but it should at least be hardpacked to prevent carbide loss. Plus I don't think it gets plowed very often, so if there have been a few 1-2" snowfalls, that might still be on it.