Armstrong Creek Roads

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
xltman

Armstrong Creek Roads

Post by xltman »

So why is it that the plow driver can't leave some snow on the side of the road in Armstrong Creek? Carbides aren't cheap!
Jim
Site Admin

Armstrong Creek Town Roads Snowmobile Petition

Post by Jim »

[QUOTE=xltman;13744]So why is it that the plow driver can't leave some snow on the side of the road in Armstrong Creek? Carbides aren't cheap![/QUOTE]That my friend, is a VERY GOOD question, to which I cannot answer..... :shrug:
However, I can provide you the names and numbers of those that can:

[B]Walter Leja, Town Chairman - 715-336-2401
Ron Bruce Jr., Town Supervisor - 715-336-2912
Dave Majewski, Town Supervisor - 715-336-2408

Town Garage - 715-336-2978[/B]

I encourge you to call everyone on this list, and ask them this question, and then post their answers.

I've been considering creating a petition concerning this for a couple of years now, since it's been going on for so long.
In fact.... let's make this thread the petition!

[U][B][SIZE=4]ARMSTRONG CREEK TOWN ROADS SNOWMOBILE PETITON[/SIZE][/B][/U]
[I]If you would like to voice your opinion on this issue, please reply to this thread with at least your name, city/town, and state. Don't put your street address. You may also add your own opinion on this issue. After a period of time, I will print this thread out and send it to the aforementioned individuals. --Jim.[/I]
Jim
Site Admin

I Agree!

Post by Jim »

I agree that this is a major problem. They will plow the snow out of the ditch, and past the tree line. This only intensifies the situation of snowmobiles on the road, because they have nowhere else to ride, but on the road. If you want to keep them to the right, you have to give them somewhere to ride. I don't care if the plow operator doesn't like snowmobiles, because a public civil servant job is all about serving the PUBLIC, not your own self-interests. :thebomb:

James Cole
Armstrong Creek, WI
R/L GROOMER

Post by R/L GROOMER »

I will be up this week weds. thru Sat. (Carnage cruise this weekend). I will put these numbers on my phone, if trails are plowed off there I will call!:mad:
My gosh, down here they don't plow the trail off next to the road and there is alot more bs to get a trail route around these parts.:lol:
Howie

:thinksnow::ineedsnow:
Keemez

Post by Keemez »

I just answered the poll. I have a feeling it's going to be unanimous on this issue. :) :thumbup:
snoway

Post by snoway »

certainly an inch or 2 of snow /sand mix on the 1/2 mile a pavement that provides access to the businesses in A-creek isn't too much to ask for. Seems to me the local establishments should be concerned about an uncompromising town ritual of plowing to bare pavement.
100's of other north woods communities are more than willing to resolve this issue to keep all parties satisfied.
Z1 TURBO

I AGREE

Post by Z1 TURBO »

We have a cabin just north of Armstrong Creek and many times we will not go south into town because of the lack of snow. The tail along the road from the dump into town is terrible unless there has been a recent snow. The trail south of town along the road is not much better either sometimes till you get to the Blackwell town line.I think somehow there could be a strip of snow left along the road from the dump into town and south of town also. Otherwise GREAT JOB with the trails!!! :thumbup::thumbup:
snohawk

Post by snohawk »

[QUOTE=xltman;13744]So why is it that the plow driver can't leave some snow on the side of the road in Armstrong Creek? Carbides aren't cheap![/QUOTE]

This problem is not only in Armstrong but in every township. Why do [B]ALL[/B] plow drivers feel the need to plow past the edge of the road and remove the snow in the ditch also :shrug:

I keep hearing that the residents want the roads plowed so they can their cars. The communities need tourism to survive, if we can not get to the snow in the forest the sledders will not come to ride.
Skip28

Post by Skip28 »

Admittedly, I don't live in the area, and I only ride up here a few times a year (this coming weekend being one of them!) That said, the Green Shack is a regular (and eagerly anticipated) lunch stop when we are up. We're typically coming up from the south from Wabeno, so you all know the trail includes some big stretches of town roads. Riding that stretch is often literally and figuratively like fingernails on chalkboard! Woudl be awfully nice to have at least an inch or so to ride on. If I have to choose, I'd much rather have sandy snow/ice than bare pavenent, and I'm sure you all agree.
Jim
Site Admin

Old Hwy 101 Rd

Post by Jim »

Town Road #1
Attachments
town_road_01.JPG
town_road_01.JPG (56.14 KiB) Viewed 3045 times