Attachments
pic27.JPG
pic27.JPG (72.23 KiB) Viewed 3432 times
Curly

Post by Curly »

[QUOTE=Jim;13289]Curly:

Sorry..... It looked like I missed one of your gates! :eek: My appologies. :(

Dick and I used his truck to open the Goodman Town Park Rd gates Friday night,
and we missed that one in the middle. :mad: I also missed it yesterday morning, when I lost the trail. (I figured out this morning where I went wrong. :o) That area is just South of our jurisdiction, and I'm not as familiar with it as I should be. :shrug: I hope it didn't cause you too much trouble.... like having to drive up that big hill! ;)[/QUOTE]

Jim, it was not a problem at all, we got the job done and were able to work around the hill!
We seen your tracks at the intersection. I had no idea which direction to go either, but Ralphie and Steve both have the Polaris Trails APP loaded on there Smart Phones and that saved the day.
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

I've got the trails on my GPS, but I couldn't find it. :shrug: I know it's laying around my cluttered office here somewhere. ;) I think it's in my Yamaha backpack, but I couldn't find that either. :rolleyes: I figured I shouldn't need a GPS to ride the trail! :eek: I'm going to make sure that area gets signed before we open the trails. :thumbup:
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

[QUOTE=Curly]we got the job done[/QUOTE]That you did! :thumbup:
:cheers:
jakerides

LMT 2 and 4

Post by jakerides »

[QUOTE=Keemez;13045]Are there any particular areas scheduled already? One loop that we frequently ride is the LMT2-4 bit to the southwest of Carter and Wabeno. I've noticed that the trail sides seem to be closing in a bit every year- it's hard to see far around the corners like used to be possible. Considering that most of that is moderate to highish speed, it'd be nice to see it opened up a bit again.[/QUOTE]

The LMT has already brushed this section in early November. However we have a final walk through scheduled for the week of Dec 12. We will try to make sure it is cleared. This year we have already spent over 200 hours clearing trails and replacing bridges.This summer we hired the DNR to grade trail 6 because of the deep dips that never had enought snow to groom smooth. In fact we even hired the 100 miler brush hog to brush the LMT 6. It may look a little rough early this year because it is being logged right now.All in all the trails are the best we have ever had them this early in the year. Let's hope we have plenty of snow.
See you on the trails
Keemez

Post by Keemez »

[QUOTE=jakerides;13330]The LMT has already brushed this section in early November....All in all the trails are the best we have ever had them this early in the year. Let's hope we have plenty of snow.
See you on the trails[/QUOTE]

I'm glad to see this- thanks for sharing with us! If "things" were a little better off I'd play a little more active role myself.
Kevin

Great Pics

Post by Kevin »

I can't wait to get out and enjoy some:sledder::sledder: also go out again this year for a nice ride in the:tucker::letitsnow::winterrules: