Brushing Weekend 2011

100 Mile Snow Safari Activities and Events
Johnnie

Brushing Weekend 2011

Post by Johnnie »

Many have asked about brushing day. As usual, it is the sat. after gunseason, Dec 3rd, this year. Please do the same sections as last year. And check back later for updates. If you would like to do some brushing earlier, contact Muskie, Dick Leja or Roger. Unsure of what areas we will be targeting this year, but the rat river area always needs widening. Again check back for updates and party specs. Red Baron's Crew is in charge of entertainment this year.
Red Baron

entertainment

Post by Red Baron »

Entertainment is all scheduled. See you in Forest Co. the 1st weekend in December!
Keemez

Post by Keemez »

Are there any particular areas scheduled already? One loop that we frequently ride is the LMT2-4 bit to the southwest of Carter and Wabeno. I've noticed that the trail sides seem to be closing in a bit every year- it's hard to see far around the corners like used to be possible. Considering that most of that is moderate to highish speed, it'd be nice to see it opened up a bit again.
Johnnie

Post by Johnnie »

Even though that is not part of the 100 Mile Snow Safari, I am sure the LMT would appreciate the help. You can do it that weekend and come to our party.
Keemez

Post by Keemez »

[QUOTE=Johnnie;13046]Even though that is not part of the 100 Mile Snow Safari,[/QUOTE]

Brain lapse. Don't know what I was thinking. Must be the decades of 2 stroke smoke...
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

[QUOTE=Keemez]One loop that we frequently ride is the LMT2-4 bit to the southwest of Carter and Wabeno.[/QUOTE]Is that close to the cabin? :lol:
Keemez

Post by Keemez »

[QUOTE=Jim;13048]Is that close to the cabin? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Probably in the 10-15 trail miles range away, yes. It's good, varying terrain but visibility has decreased over the years. I'm surprised there aren't more incidents on that loop because of the potential for higher speeds that it allows.
Pat1

Post by Pat1 »

My wife and I plan on being up for both brushing and Red Baron's entertainment. We cannot wait!! :beer::trophy:
Roger

Brushing Day 2011

Post by Roger »

Brushing day 2011 will be on Dec. 3, 2011. Those wishing to attend will meet at the Wabeno Citgo at 9:00 a.m. If you have a power saw or other brushing tools please bring them. Drinks and a meal at T Bob in Laona after a hard day of brushing. Roger
Red Baron

entertainment

Post by Red Baron »

I could only think of 2 different things to do for entertainment. We can play "Chutes and Ladders" or we can play "Lets shave the Santa beard off the 100 Miler President". what do y'all think?