Brushing Weekend 2010

100 Mile Snow Safari Activities and Events
Johnnie

Brushing Weekend 2010

Post by Johnnie »

Many have responded to help brush our trails this sat. I have assigned different groups different trail segments. Starting in the north Matsdorf has a group starting at Neligans Pond and will be headed toward Arm. Cr. I think Jim Cole will have a group. headed from Arm strong Cr. to meet him. The Red Baron and fellow warriors will be headed south from 2131 to the swamp. Curly, Jerry and Steve will head north from Benson Lk Rd to the swamp. If they have time they will head south from Christmas Tree Inn to the Rat River Rd. I think Rodger and Tenn. will have one group head north on the Rat River grade toward the Rat River Rd. and another group headed south from the Rat River Rd. Spindler will have a group group doing from Himley Lake road south. Craig and Todd will check the trail from Johnnies to Sams and then south to the Lk Lucerne cutoff. Anyone else either contact me, Jim or Roger, or meet Rodger a Wabeno Citgo. I have notified the Forest Service and the local DNR warden that we will brushing not hunting on the trails this weekend, so we should have no problems with having 4 wheelers or trucks out there.
Refreshments and food will be available to all workers at T-Bobs in Laona, and The Green Shack and Den and Rens in Armstrong Ck. at darkish. Sharpen your saws, we had a lot of wind this fall!!!!
Pat1

Post by Pat1 »

Anyone meeting at the Wabeno Citgo should be there at 9:00.
Jim
Site Admin

Sweet Sally is a friend of mine!

Post by Jim »

I've decided to name our Groomer, Sally. Named after the Ted Nugent song that goes something like: "Sweet Sally is a friend of mine. Sweet Sally likes it double time". Because that's exactly what the plan is this year. Double the time, Double the Fun. I'll have to figure out how to attach an audio file, then you'd be able to hear her 'purr'.
Attachments
SnapshotJPEG.jpg
SnapshotJPEG.jpg (26.75 KiB) Viewed 3630 times
Pat1

Post by Pat1 »

I am hoping for that double time, too! Once we are done brushing, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

:snowman::snowman::snowman:
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

Here's a pic of our 'Commander In Chief' arriving in Armstrong Creek with signs and posts for tomorrow's 'Brush Run'. Where's the motorcade? :shrug:
Attachments
SnapshotJPEG.jpg
SnapshotJPEG.jpg (27.03 KiB) Viewed 3630 times
Av25842

Post by Av25842 »

The real question is Where is the drag?!?!
Pat1

Post by Pat1 »

Right now the drag would only slow the tractor down...
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

[QUOTE=Av25842;11398]The real question is Where is the drag?!?![/QUOTE]Right where we left it! :slywink:
Johnnie

Most of yesterday's brushing crew

Post by Johnnie »

This is most of yesterday's brushing crew. Many thanks to all.
Attachments
2010 Brushing.jpg
2010 Brushing.jpg (49.53 KiB) Viewed 3630 times
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

Here are some brushing pics from Armstrong Creek.
Attachments
pic00.jpg
pic00.jpg (35.24 KiB) Viewed 3630 times